AZ NGA subsidiary Wise Planners has announced it acquired the corporate super clients of a self-licensed financial advice firm, bringing funds under advice for Wise Planners to over $1 billion.
According to a statement yesterday, Wise Planners, which trades as Lifestyle Financial Services, has completed a binding sale and purchase agreement to acquire the corporate super clients of Principal Edge Financial Services.
Wise Planners chief executive Gareth Hall said there are many opportunities in the corporate superannuation market, despite the impact of regulatory reforms.
“Lifestyle is very pleased to be able to grow this side of our business by acquisition and we’re always looking for further opportunities for growth,” he said.
“Our partnership with AZ NGA has allowed us access to capital, and to the know-how to get acquisitions done, quickly.”
He added, “The team at Lifestyles spends a lot of time focusing on the value they add to corporate super members. That starts with the obvious services such as member education, which is provided both electronically and face-to-face.
“We often get into deeper territory, such as goals-based financial planning at the member’s request.”
This acquisition follows after Wise Planners purchased AMP-aligned Domane Financial Advisers in August 2016.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2017Challenger announces ‘strategic relationship’ with Japanese insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Income protection insurance launched for on-demand workersBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017RegTech to reduce adviser misconductBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- 15 Aug 2017ASIC bans NSW SMSF auditorBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Aug 2017Former Victorian premier named EQT chairBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Aug 2017‘Business as usual’ at FortnumBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all