AZ NGA subsidiary Wise Planners has announced it acquired the corporate super clients of a self-licensed financial advice firm, bringing funds under advice for Wise Planners to over $1 billion.
According to a statement yesterday, Wise Planners, which trades as Lifestyle Financial Services, has completed a binding sale and purchase agreement to acquire the corporate super clients of Principal Edge Financial Services.
Wise Planners chief executive Gareth Hall said there are many opportunities in the corporate superannuation market, despite the impact of regulatory reforms.
“Lifestyle is very pleased to be able to grow this side of our business by acquisition and we’re always looking for further opportunities for growth,” he said.
“Our partnership with AZ NGA has allowed us access to capital, and to the know-how to get acquisitions done, quickly.”
He added, “The team at Lifestyles spends a lot of time focusing on the value they add to corporate super members. That starts with the obvious services such as member education, which is provided both electronically and face-to-face.
“We often get into deeper territory, such as goals-based financial planning at the member’s request.”
This acquisition follows after Wise Planners purchased AMP-aligned Domane Financial Advisers in August 2016.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Oct 2017Midwinter and PractiFI announce integrationBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Hub24 announces partnership with EurozBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Former NZ PM joins ANZBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017IRESS and SuiteBox announce Xplan integrationBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Oct 2017Shipton ‘most qualified’ for ASIC role: O’DwyerBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- view all