AZ NGA subsidiary Wise Planners has announced it acquired the corporate super clients of a self-licensed financial advice firm, bringing funds under advice for Wise Planners to over $1 billion.
According to a statement yesterday, Wise Planners, which trades as Lifestyle Financial Services, has completed a binding sale and purchase agreement to acquire the corporate super clients of Principal Edge Financial Services.
Wise Planners chief executive Gareth Hall said there are many opportunities in the corporate superannuation market, despite the impact of regulatory reforms.
“Lifestyle is very pleased to be able to grow this side of our business by acquisition and we’re always looking for further opportunities for growth,” he said.
“Our partnership with AZ NGA has allowed us access to capital, and to the know-how to get acquisitions done, quickly.”
He added, “The team at Lifestyles spends a lot of time focusing on the value they add to corporate super members. That starts with the obvious services such as member education, which is provided both electronically and face-to-face.
“We often get into deeper territory, such as goals-based financial planning at the member’s request.”
This acquisition follows after Wise Planners purchased AMP-aligned Domane Financial Advisers in August 2016.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Dec 2018AMP challenged by ASIC on fees for service conductBy Eliot Hastie
- 17 Dec 2018FASEA names provider for adviser examBy Adrian Flores
- 17 Dec 2018Former Liberal leader to join Crescent boardBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- view all