AMP’s SMSF Advice licensee has seen 29 authorised representatives depart in the last two months, with nearly half crossing over to one non-aligned dealer group.
The SMSF Advice licence, which is part the AMP Group, was established in response to the removal of the SMSF accountants’ exemption, according to its website.
ASIC data shows at least 29 advisers licensed by SMSF Advice Pty Ltd left in January 2017 and December 2016. Only one adviser joined during this time.
Out of this total, at least 12 were picked up by non-aligned licensee Akambo Private Wealth. Two crossed over to the National Tax and Accountants’ Association-owned AFSL, the SMSF Advisers Network, while another joined the SMSF Expert licence, ASIC data shows.
An AMP spokesperson declined ifa’s request for comment.
Chris Willaton, Akambo’s director and head of investments, told ifa his company has been approached by many accountants in recent months.
“We have been working with accounting groups for the past eight years providing advice and investment management solutions, and have over 20 formal relationships with accounting groups nationally,” he said.
“Given the changes to advice provisions for accountants from 1 July this year, there is growing level of urgency from many accounting groups to have an advice solution that has a strong operational and performance history in this space. We have been approached by numerous accounting groups in recent months who see us as a natural fit.
“We have also been heavily promoting our brand off the back of our success at the recent ifa Excellence Awards, which has been a strong endorsement for the solution we provide.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- 14 Aug 2018Hub24 agrees to distribute Challenger annuitiesBy Reporter
- view all