Henderson Global Investors has picked up the former vice president of BlackRock, as it looks to drive growth and better support Queensland-based financial advisers
In a statement yesterday, the international investment firm announced the appointment of Tom Kelly to the role of sales director.
Based in Brisbane, Mr Kelly will be responsible for serving retail clients, Henderson said.
Head of distribution at Henderson Matt Gaden said, “Queensland is one of our largest markets and is growing rapidly.
“We are committed to providing best-in-class service to our national client base, and look forward to better supporting Queensland-based financial advisers with this newly created role and establishing an office in Brisbane.”
Mr Gaden said the strength of the company’s distribution team was an important part of the business’ growth in Australia.
“Despite the challenging market conditions, we have seen solid net flows from both retail and institutional clients across a diverse range of our local and global investment capabilities,” he said.
“With an experienced national distribution team, we believe the foundations seem firmly laid to build out our Australian business in the years ahead.”
Mr Kelly joins the firm from his previous role as vice president of BlackRock where he managed key account and multi-manager relationships, Henderson said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 09:32ASIC given greater powers under new proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 09:32FPA releases national roadshow detailsBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Mar 2019Linchpin Capital, IIOF fund to be shut downBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Mar 2019FASEA releases final provider accreditation policyBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Mar 2019Adviser given 10-year prison sentence by NSW courtBy Adrian Flores
- 09:30Premium China Funds lowers fees on fundBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all