Christmas could be an ideal time for advisers to talk to their clients about incorporating philanthropy into their plan, according to Perpetual.
Perpetual national manager for philanthropy and non-profit services Caitriona Fay said in a statement that Christmas is a perfect time for advisers to explore the rewards of structured giving.
She said structured giving is a great way for clients to set a goal and make them accountable for the next year.
“It’s during the Christmas period that we often realise giving is more rewarding than receiving,” Ms Fay said.
“This joy of giving is really what’s at the heart of philanthropy, enabling us to positively impact the communities we care about and our own lives too.
“With your Christmas spirit in full swing, now is the perfect time to explore the rewards of structured giving.”
Ms Fay also said there are other ways for clients to incorporate philanthropy into their Christmas if structured giving isn’t currently feasible.
“Christmas is also an opportune time to think about what you’d like your legacy and estate to look like, and how you’d like your next generations to be involved,” she said.
“An increasing number of Australians are choosing to incorporate giving into their will.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Aug 2017Former ANZ adviser banned for lifeBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Aug 2017Industry veteran joins Bondi boutique’s boardBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Aug 2017Invest in next generation, says AWSBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017O’Dwyer announces EDR transition panelBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Aug 2017ASIC reveals recent enforcement activityBy Larissa Waterson
- 22 Aug 2017Advisers must become ‘lifestyle coaches’: ZurichBy Jessica Yun
- view all