The FSC has appointed a former senior manager from ANZ’s wealth division as its new director of policy.
Allan Hansell has spent the last six years as senior manager for government and regulatory affairs at ANZ Wealth in Sydney, according to a statement.
Mr Hansell has more than 25 years in politics and policy, in roles in government, industry organisations and the private sector, the statement said.
FSC chief executive Sally Loane said the industry body is delighted to have Mr Hansell joining the team.
“With more than a quarter of a century of experience across government and the wealth management industry including policy development, media relations and deep stakeholder engagement, he has the credentials to take us forward into a very busy year for financial services,” Ms Loane said.
Mr Hansell said he was looking forward to working with the FSC, adding that the financial services industry “enters what is likely to be a very important year in terms of public policy”.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Jan 2019Federal Court winds up CFSBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Jan 2019Licence conditions placed on Sydney AFSLBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019O’Dwyer steps down from politicsBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019The wealth management fintech that soared in 2018By James Mitchell
- 18 Jan 2019Advisers to suffer ‘horrendously’ from FASEABy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Jan 2019Praemium FUA up 14%, reveals platform upgradeBy Adrian Flores
- view all