The FSC has appointed a former senior manager from ANZ’s wealth division as its new director of policy.
Allan Hansell has spent the last six years as senior manager for government and regulatory affairs at ANZ Wealth in Sydney, according to a statement.
Mr Hansell has more than 25 years in politics and policy, in roles in government, industry organisations and the private sector, the statement said.
FSC chief executive Sally Loane said the industry body is delighted to have Mr Hansell joining the team.
“With more than a quarter of a century of experience across government and the wealth management industry including policy development, media relations and deep stakeholder engagement, he has the credentials to take us forward into a very busy year for financial services,” Ms Loane said.
Mr Hansell said he was looking forward to working with the FSC, adding that the financial services industry “enters what is likely to be a very important year in terms of public policy”.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all