The FSC has appointed a former senior manager from ANZ’s wealth division as its new director of policy.
Allan Hansell has spent the last six years as senior manager for government and regulatory affairs at ANZ Wealth in Sydney, according to a statement.
Mr Hansell has more than 25 years in politics and policy, in roles in government, industry organisations and the private sector, the statement said.
FSC chief executive Sally Loane said the industry body is delighted to have Mr Hansell joining the team.
“With more than a quarter of a century of experience across government and the wealth management industry including policy development, media relations and deep stakeholder engagement, he has the credentials to take us forward into a very busy year for financial services,” Ms Loane said.
Mr Hansell said he was looking forward to working with the FSC, adding that the financial services industry “enters what is likely to be a very important year in terms of public policy”.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Mar 2019Westpac announces exit from financial adviceBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Mar 2019ASIC given greater powers under new proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Mar 2019FPA releases national roadshow detailsBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Mar 2019Linchpin Capital, IIOF fund to be shut downBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Mar 2019FASEA releases final provider accreditation policyBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Mar 2019Adviser given 10-year prison sentence by NSW courtBy Adrian Flores
- view all