NAB has appointed a new general manager for its wholly-owned subsidiary, Meritum Financial Group.
Stephen Poole has been named general manager of the Meritum dealer group, which has more than 100 advisers across Australia.
He has served as manager of business growth for NAB and MLC’s advice partnerships in Queensland, and was previously chief executive officer of licensee Keystone Partnership.
Mr Poole also previously held roles at Centrepoint Alliance and Suncorp Life. He will commence his new role at Meritum on 1 January 2017.
NAB general manager of advice partnerships Ross Barnwell said, “With almost three decades’ experience in the financial planning industry, Stephen brings to this role extensive commercial and management experience.
“With strong commercial and leadership skills, Stephen will help evolve the business and support the continued delivery of high-quality financial advice to clients.
“We look forward to seeing Meritum go from strength to strength under his leadership.”
Mr Pool replaces Theo Christopoulos, who was acting general manager.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Feb 2019ASIC appeals Westpac best interests court decisionBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019FASEA mostly funded by the major banksBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Feb 2019NAB most distrusted bank, survey findsBy Sarah Simpkins
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- view all