NAB has appointed a new general manager for its wholly-owned subsidiary, Meritum Financial Group.
Stephen Poole has been named general manager of the Meritum dealer group, which has more than 100 advisers across Australia.
He has served as manager of business growth for NAB and MLC’s advice partnerships in Queensland, and was previously chief executive officer of licensee Keystone Partnership.
Mr Poole also previously held roles at Centrepoint Alliance and Suncorp Life. He will commence his new role at Meritum on 1 January 2017.
NAB general manager of advice partnerships Ross Barnwell said, “With almost three decades’ experience in the financial planning industry, Stephen brings to this role extensive commercial and management experience.
“With strong commercial and leadership skills, Stephen will help evolve the business and support the continued delivery of high-quality financial advice to clients.
“We look forward to seeing Meritum go from strength to strength under his leadership.”
Mr Pool replaces Theo Christopoulos, who was acting general manager.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Dec 2018Advice bodies reach code monitoring agreementBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Dec 2018Court lays charges against former Sydney adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Dec 2018Fiducian buys Vic financial planning businessBy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Dec 2018ASIC permanently bans Victorian adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Dec 2018Melbourne-based dealer group loses AFSLBy James Mitchell
- 18 Dec 2018AFA appoints new chair of women advocacy bodyBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all