NAB has appointed a new general manager for its wholly-owned subsidiary, Meritum Financial Group.
Stephen Poole has been named general manager of the Meritum dealer group, which has more than 100 advisers across Australia.
He has served as manager of business growth for NAB and MLC’s advice partnerships in Queensland, and was previously chief executive officer of licensee Keystone Partnership.
Mr Poole also previously held roles at Centrepoint Alliance and Suncorp Life. He will commence his new role at Meritum on 1 January 2017.
NAB general manager of advice partnerships Ross Barnwell said, “With almost three decades’ experience in the financial planning industry, Stephen brings to this role extensive commercial and management experience.
“With strong commercial and leadership skills, Stephen will help evolve the business and support the continued delivery of high-quality financial advice to clients.
“We look forward to seeing Meritum go from strength to strength under his leadership.”
Mr Pool replaces Theo Christopoulos, who was acting general manager.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:00CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 09:55Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 09:50Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- 14 Aug 2018Hub24 agrees to distribute Challenger annuitiesBy Reporter
- view all