NAB has appointed a new general manager for its wholly-owned subsidiary, Meritum Financial Group.
Stephen Poole has been named general manager of the Meritum dealer group, which has more than 100 advisers across Australia.
He has served as manager of business growth for NAB and MLC’s advice partnerships in Queensland, and was previously chief executive officer of licensee Keystone Partnership.
Mr Poole also previously held roles at Centrepoint Alliance and Suncorp Life. He will commence his new role at Meritum on 1 January 2017.
NAB general manager of advice partnerships Ross Barnwell said, “With almost three decades’ experience in the financial planning industry, Stephen brings to this role extensive commercial and management experience.
“With strong commercial and leadership skills, Stephen will help evolve the business and support the continued delivery of high-quality financial advice to clients.
“We look forward to seeing Meritum go from strength to strength under his leadership.”
Mr Pool replaces Theo Christopoulos, who was acting general manager.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017Formerly banned adviser to face further ASIC chargesBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Challenger announces ‘strategic relationship’ with Japanese insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Income protection insurance launched for on-demand workersBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017New evidence for self-licensing surgeBy Aleks Vickovich and Linda Santacruz
- 16 Aug 2017RegTech to reduce adviser misconductBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- view all