The AFA has announced the winners of the inaugural Consumer Choice Awards, which recognises life insurers with the best customer ratings.
The event was held on Tuesday and in conjunction with Beddoes Institute, according to a statement.
BT Financial Group won three top awards, including ‘Most Recommended Company’ and ‘Best Total Customer Experience’. ‘Honouring Commitments’ went to One Path and BT.
The awards are based on customer ratings from more than 2,100 consumers across all major life insurance companies, the statement said.
AFA chief executive Brad Fox said the Consumer Choice Awards are important so that the public can voice opinions on certain insurers.
“All parties – insurers, advisers, and product manufacturers – need to call out actions that don’t reach the highest standards and not wait for the media or consumers to call them out,” he said.
Beddoes Institute’s Dr Rebecca Sheils added, “We saw a gap between perceptions of customers and the experience of claimants, and we believe these awards and our research go some way to addressing this.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2017Advisers key to ‘living the dream’: FPABy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017US IFA history repeats itself in AustraliaBy Killian Plastow
- 21 Aug 2017Licensees need greater scrutiny, PJC hearsBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- view all