Lonsec Fiscal company Adviser Network has announced it created a new digital tool to help superannuation members consolidate balances from multiple super accounts.
According to a statement, the new SuperFusion Plus tool is integrated with the Australian Taxation Office’s (ATO) SuperMatch 2 service, and uses a three step process to consolidate both known and lost super accounts, the Adviser Network said.
“Almost 15 million Australians hold superannuation accounts with over 40 per cent of these people having at least two accounts,” said Adviser Network chief executive Duncan McPherson.
“By working with superannuation funds, we have developed a product they can use with their members to consolidate their super and simplify their retirement savings."
The Adviser Network said SuperFusion Plus was created to address the recent increase in unclaimed superannuation, which data from the ATO shows has grown 30 per cent in the last two years.
The release of SuperFusion Plus coincides with the launch of Link Group’s SuperMentor tool, a digital advice platform “designed to provide online superannuation advice and motivate members to engage with their super”.
SuperMentor provides members with a personalised ‘to-do’ list, real-time progress tracking, goal setting, education and advice, which Link Group chief executive of fund administration Suzanne Holden said would improve member experience by integrating advice across multiple touch points.
“Superannuation funds are increasing their advice offering as they recognise the provision of advice leads to greater member retention. Engaging and educating members not only improves their retirement outcomes, it engenders loyalty,” she said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Jun 2018Henderson Maxwell to merge with AZ NGA firmBy Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Jun 2018Aon caught lying about Dover licensing offerBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Jun 2018FASEA names new chief executiveBy Reporter
- 20 Jun 2018Sexual harassment debate sparked in advice industryBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Jun 2018Clear KPIs a key adviser motivator: reportBy Reporter
- 20 Jun 2018Dealer group to appear before royal commission’s fourth roundBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all