Financial planning and accounting firm HLB Mann Judd has established a new debt advice business as part of a joint venture with former St George Bank executive James Macfarlane.
The firm announced this morning that the new division will provide debt-financing advice for individual clients’ personal banking needs as well as advice on funding commercial transactions for corporate clients.
Mr Macfarlane is now director of HLB Debt Advisory, according to his LinkedIn profile.
He was previously at St George Bank where he worked for the last 11 years managing banking distribution and client facing teams.
HLB Mann Judd Sydney managing partner Tony Fittler said, “James’ considerable experience in banking, finance and debt growth solutions for individual and businesses complement the existing services in accounting, advisory and wealth provided by HLB Mann Judd Sydney.”
“The need for independent specialist advice on debt requirement continues to grow and HLB Mann Judd Sydney will now be well placed to meet this increasing demand,” Mr Fittler said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017Formerly banned adviser to face further ASIC chargesBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Challenger announces ‘strategic relationship’ with Japanese insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Income protection insurance launched for on-demand workersBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017New evidence for self-licensing surgeBy Aleks Vickovich and Linda Santacruz
- 16 Aug 2017RegTech to reduce adviser misconductBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- view all