Financial planning and accounting firm HLB Mann Judd has established a new debt advice business as part of a joint venture with former St George Bank executive James Macfarlane.
The firm announced this morning that the new division will provide debt-financing advice for individual clients’ personal banking needs as well as advice on funding commercial transactions for corporate clients.
Mr Macfarlane is now director of HLB Debt Advisory, according to his LinkedIn profile.
He was previously at St George Bank where he worked for the last 11 years managing banking distribution and client facing teams.
HLB Mann Judd Sydney managing partner Tony Fittler said, “James’ considerable experience in banking, finance and debt growth solutions for individual and businesses complement the existing services in accounting, advisory and wealth provided by HLB Mann Judd Sydney.”
“The need for independent specialist advice on debt requirement continues to grow and HLB Mann Judd Sydney will now be well placed to meet this increasing demand,” Mr Fittler said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Oct 2018NAB to address advice issues in $314m payoutBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Oct 2018ANZ under fire over ‘conflicted’ IOOF dealBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018Advisers should be early call in divorce casesBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Oct 2018War with Dover ‘destroyed me’, says ex-adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Oct 2018Macquarie adds Insight fund to platformBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018FASEA is setting a new standard for the industry: Assistant TreasurerBy Eliot Hastie
- view all