Industry superannuation fund Cbus has announced it is expanding its in-house investment capability with new appointments.
In a statement yesterday, Cbus said it appointed Linda Cunningham, Anna Weickart and Alex Miller to its investment strategy team as part of a its new investment strategy announced in August.
Both Ms Cunningham and Ms Weickart joining the company’s public market team, with Ms Cunningham taking on the role of manager of debt within the alternative debt sector, and Ms Weickart appointed as a senior investment analyst.
Ms Cunningham makes the move to Cbus from IFM Investors, where she held the title of executive director of debt instruments, and in her new role will be responsible for designing and implementing internally managed strategies.
Making the move from Willis Towers Watson, Ms Weickart has close to two decades’ of experience in manager research, both within Australia and Germany, and will oversee international and Australian equities.
Mr Miller, who Cbus has named as its newest infrastructure transaction specialist, has worked in greenfield and brownfield infrastructure transactions for more than 18 years, and has held roles with KPMG and BOS International prior to his new role.
Cbus executive manager of investment strategy Kristian Fok said the new appointments were part of a bigger push to expand the business’ capacity and better align themselves with the future.
“We are so pleased to welcome Linda, Anna and Alex, bringing their depth of experience and talent to the team. We’re looking to appoint a significant number of new roles in the next few months as we go through our capability building stage,” Mr Fok said.
“Continuing to attract people of this calibre this will put us in a great position for future growth.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Adviser exodus creating ‘enormous opportunity’ for accountantsBy Jotham Lian
- 14 Dec 2018Advisers embracing ESG investing, says surveyBy Adrian Flores
- 13 Dec 2018AFA picks apart CPD policy from FASEABy Adrian Flores
- view all