Perpetual has appointed a new general manager of distribution, who has in his current role improved the company’s standing with financial advisers.
According to a statement, Matt Thompson will move into the role of general manager of distribution for Perpetual Investments from 17 October. He has been the head of wholesale business in Perpetual Investments for the last three years.
Mr Thompson will take over from Dean Winterton, who has resigned, the statement said.
Perpetual CEO and managing director Geoff Lloyd said, “We thank Dean for his contribution over the past three years and wish him all the best in his new role.
“It’s always a good experience to announce the internal promotion of high quality leaders and I am pleased to be moving someone of Matt’s calibre into this important role.”
Mr Lloyd added that under Mr Thompson’s leadership, Perpetual has strengthened its standing “significantly” with financial advisers.
“Over the past four years, he has lead a program to increase the effectiveness of the wholesale team’s relationship with its strategic accounts, recognising the level of investment sophistication required to earn and retain business in today’s environment,” Mr Lloyd said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Sep 2018Peter Kell resigns as deputy chair of ASICBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Sep 2018Two former Macquarie advisers given 10-year banBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Sep 2018McMaster slams ASIC: ‘They knew about our CPP in 2016’By James Mitchell
- 17 Sep 2018ASIC wants a confession from McMasterBy James Mitchell
- 17 Sep 2018ASIC takes Dover director to courtBy James Mitchell
- 17 Sep 2018ASIC gives permanent ban to unlicensed adviserBy Adrian Flores
- view all