Perpetual has appointed a new general manager of distribution, who has in his current role improved the company’s standing with financial advisers.
According to a statement, Matt Thompson will move into the role of general manager of distribution for Perpetual Investments from 17 October. He has been the head of wholesale business in Perpetual Investments for the last three years.
Mr Thompson will take over from Dean Winterton, who has resigned, the statement said.
Perpetual CEO and managing director Geoff Lloyd said, “We thank Dean for his contribution over the past three years and wish him all the best in his new role.
“It’s always a good experience to announce the internal promotion of high quality leaders and I am pleased to be moving someone of Matt’s calibre into this important role.”
Mr Lloyd added that under Mr Thompson’s leadership, Perpetual has strengthened its standing “significantly” with financial advisers.
“Over the past four years, he has lead a program to increase the effectiveness of the wholesale team’s relationship with its strategic accounts, recognising the level of investment sophistication required to earn and retain business in today’s environment,” Mr Lloyd said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:32Cost and risk hold back open APLsBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- 10:35Majority of Aussies have no retirement plan: researchBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017Advisers key to ‘living the dream’: FPABy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017US IFA history repeats itself in AustraliaBy Killian Plastow
- 21 Aug 2017Licensees need greater scrutiny, PJC hearsBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- view all