A well-known Australian fintech company has partnered with an independent data firm to give advisers enhanced, real-time access to client data.
Financial software provider Midwinter has teamed up with InvestmentLink to offer advisers access to the RealTime data service.
RealTime allows Midwinter to provide one single interface for planners to advise on product replacement for adviser-entered platforms, member-entered platforms, traditional data fed platforms and also platforms that have traditionally not provided data feeds to the industry.
InvestmentLink chief technology officer Wayne Robinson said, “Midwinter now has access to data that has been traditionally hard to harness, such as individual bank, mortgage, credit card, loan, term deposit, industry superannuation fund, self-managed superannuation and direct share accounts.”
Midwinter managing director Julian Plummer said, “Planners using AdviceOS now have access to the richest data set of platform and investment information in the industry, and as a result we expect the quality of our planner’s advice to improve.
"Until now, most software providers have been limited in their ability to deliver a complete financial position for their clients. Crucially, we can now access client-authorised feeds – data that makes up a considerable part of client portfolios.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Jun 2018IFA sector digs deep for DoverBy Aleks Vickovich
- 15 Jun 2018‘Information asymmetry’ a difficulty for advisersBy Killian Plastow and Tasnuva Bindi
- 15 Jun 2018ASIC takes Westpac to court over poor adviceBy Reporter
- 15 Jun 2018AFCA names new chief executiveBy Reporter
- 15 Jun 2018Restrictions to be placed on pension loan adviceBy Reporter
- 14 Jun 2018Adviser misconduct penalties likely to increase: Moody’sBy Reporter
- view all