The AFA and Zurich have announced the winners of the AFA Adviser of the Year award and the AFA Practice of the Year award for 2016.
Darren Johns from Align Financial in Narrabeen NSW, has been named the 2016 AFA Adviser of the Year, while Henderson Maxwell from Sydney was crowned 2016 AFA Practice of the Year.
AFA chief executive Brad Fox said Mr Johns’ distinguishing factor in winning the AFA Adviser of the Year was his exceptional client relationships coupled with his demonstration to clients that they can achieve well-being, financial security, and lifestyle outcomes while still working, and he lives that through his own family, work and life choices.
Henderson Maxwell as the AFA Practice of the Year, demonstrated their expertise across all of the judging criteria, the AFA said.
As a diversified financial services practice, they bring a complete experience to their clients and have successfully leveraged Mr Henderson’s media profile to attract and educate a broad demographic of clients.
It is an innovative practice and has used social media very effectively as an engagement tool, the AFA said.
The awards were presented at a Gala Dinner at the AFA National Adviser Conference in Canberra this evening.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all