The AFA and Zurich have announced the winners of the AFA Adviser of the Year award and the AFA Practice of the Year award for 2016.
Darren Johns from Align Financial in Narrabeen NSW, has been named the 2016 AFA Adviser of the Year, while Henderson Maxwell from Sydney was crowned 2016 AFA Practice of the Year.
AFA chief executive Brad Fox said Mr Johns’ distinguishing factor in winning the AFA Adviser of the Year was his exceptional client relationships coupled with his demonstration to clients that they can achieve well-being, financial security, and lifestyle outcomes while still working, and he lives that through his own family, work and life choices.
Henderson Maxwell as the AFA Practice of the Year, demonstrated their expertise across all of the judging criteria, the AFA said.
As a diversified financial services practice, they bring a complete experience to their clients and have successfully leveraged Mr Henderson’s media profile to attract and educate a broad demographic of clients.
It is an innovative practice and has used social media very effectively as an engagement tool, the AFA said.
The awards were presented at a Gala Dinner at the AFA National Adviser Conference in Canberra this evening.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Oct 2018ASIC reveals findings of CBA enforceable undertakingBy Adrian Flores
- 22 Oct 2018ARCO fund added to BT Panorama platformBy Adrian Flores
- 22 Oct 2018NAB well-placed to sell MLC wealth businessBy James Mitchell
- 22 Oct 2018CBA announces appointment of CFOBy Reporter
- 22 Oct 2018‘We’ve taken too long’ to fix advice problems: NABBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Oct 2018Life insurer fires 50, kills outbound sales businessBy James Mitchell
- view all