The AFA and Asteron Life have announced the winner of the 2016 AFA Excellence in Education Award, which recognises advisers who demonstrate a commitment to professional development.
Steve Nielsen of Ascent Wealth Management was named the winner yesterday at the AFA 2016 National Adviser Conference in Canberra.
Nick Hakes, general manager, member services, partnerships and campus AFA, said Mr Nielsen excelled across all of the judging criteria.
“It is clear that Steve has invested, over a long period of time, in a wide range of education programs that demonstrably enhance the quality of advice he delivers to his clients,” Mr Hakes said.
“He has thought outside the square in terms of education, embracing not only traditional academic study but also practical business knowledge and emotional intelligence.
"Steve is an outstanding example of the way in which forward-thinking advisers are rising to meet the challenges facing the advice profession head on.”
Asteron Life head of intermediaries Mark Vilo said, “Asteron Life is pleased to continue to support this award, which recognises those advisers who are going the extra mile in terms of education.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Nov 2018ASIC bans financial services representativeBy Eliot Hastie
- 14 Nov 2018Fintech should make advice ‘enjoyable’By Adrian Flores
- 14 Nov 2018Hayne commission driving adviser tech shiftBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Nov 2018InvestSMART launches maxed feesBy Sarah Simpkins
- 13 Nov 2018Advice demand soaring despite reputation hitBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Nov 2018Former premier, advisers sound alarm on sex discriminationBy James Mitchell
- view all