The AFA and Asteron Life have announced the winner of the 2016 AFA Excellence in Education Award, which recognises advisers who demonstrate a commitment to professional development.
Steve Nielsen of Ascent Wealth Management was named the winner yesterday at the AFA 2016 National Adviser Conference in Canberra.
Nick Hakes, general manager, member services, partnerships and campus AFA, said Mr Nielsen excelled across all of the judging criteria.
“It is clear that Steve has invested, over a long period of time, in a wide range of education programs that demonstrably enhance the quality of advice he delivers to his clients,” Mr Hakes said.
“He has thought outside the square in terms of education, embracing not only traditional academic study but also practical business knowledge and emotional intelligence.
"Steve is an outstanding example of the way in which forward-thinking advisers are rising to meet the challenges facing the advice profession head on.”
Asteron Life head of intermediaries Mark Vilo said, “Asteron Life is pleased to continue to support this award, which recognises those advisers who are going the extra mile in terms of education.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- 16 Mar 2018NAB launches virtual assistant for superBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018IFA-focused platforms open to new strategiesBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018Deakin eyes advisers to fill staff demandBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Mar 2018Adviser Innovation Summit 2018 agenda announcedBy Staff Reporter
- view all