The AFA and Asteron Life have announced the winner of the 2016 AFA Excellence in Education Award, which recognises advisers who demonstrate a commitment to professional development.
Steve Nielsen of Ascent Wealth Management was named the winner yesterday at the AFA 2016 National Adviser Conference in Canberra.
Nick Hakes, general manager, member services, partnerships and campus AFA, said Mr Nielsen excelled across all of the judging criteria.
“It is clear that Steve has invested, over a long period of time, in a wide range of education programs that demonstrably enhance the quality of advice he delivers to his clients,” Mr Hakes said.
“He has thought outside the square in terms of education, embracing not only traditional academic study but also practical business knowledge and emotional intelligence.
"Steve is an outstanding example of the way in which forward-thinking advisers are rising to meet the challenges facing the advice profession head on.”
Asteron Life head of intermediaries Mark Vilo said, “Asteron Life is pleased to continue to support this award, which recognises those advisers who are going the extra mile in terms of education.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Oct 2017Treasurer introduces BEAR legislationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Westpac to refund $65m to customersBy Annie Kane
- 20 Oct 2017Survey tips independent takeoverBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all