A major non-aligned financial services provider has announced a recent investment aimed at supporting accountants and mortgage brokers in providing wealth advice.
In a statement yesterday, Centrepoint Alliance announced it has acquired a strategic interest in advice and accounting network RFE Group in an effort to “support the growth of professional advice firms”.
The RFE Group aims to assist mortgage brokers and accountants provide wealth advice to their clients and the funds invested will be used to accelerate the growth of the business, Centrepoint said.
Centrepoint Alliance managing director John de Zwart said, “RFE have developed a strong team and proven business model. By partnering with the financial and other resources of Centrepoint, we jointly felt we could accelerate growth. Centrepoint sees a very exciting future for professional advice firms and we are prepared to support and invest in businesses seeking to grow.”
RFE chief executive Peter Rheinberger said, “Centrepoint was the logical choice for us. We have a strong cultural alignment and logically they had the resources and appetite we needed to execute on our strategy.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all