The six finalists of the 2016 AFA Rising Star of the Year Award have been announced by the AFA and ANZ Wealth.
In a statement last week, AFA chief executive Brad Fox said, “This year’s entrants are particularly strong.
“We are seeing the work the industry has done over the past five or so years to promote our profession now coming through in terms of professional qualifications, experience and most importantly, a desire to provide clear, transparent and trusted advice.”
The 2016 AFA Rising Star of the Year Award finalists are: ANZ Financial Planning’s Peter Hodgson, Cathryn Gross from The Wealth Network, AMP Financial Planning’s Brent Story, Maritza Kriel from Synchron, Gregory Adam Bloom from Yellow Brick Road, and Erin Truscott from Financial Wisdom.
This year’s entrants demonstrated strong capabilities in all areas, highlighting the depth of the talent pool the advice industry is attracting, the statement said.
ANZ Wealth head of sales Don Sillar added, "The professionalism, education and passion of the candidates this year confirmed these Rising Stars are focused on delivering great advice to their clients."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all