Millinium Capital Managers has announced that its Millinium Alternatives fund has made a significant investment in major Australian digital advice provider, Ignition Wealth to leverage “rapid growth” opportunities and reach the “85 per cent of Australians who are unadvised”.
In a statement yesterday, Millinium Capital Managers, the responsible entity of the Millinium Alternatives fund, said “The digital financial advice sector is set to gain significant traction in the next few years.
"Demand for a low cost, easy-to-use consumer experience coupled with the best interest legislation will drive rapid growth.”
The incumbent traditional advice industry has focused exclusively on the top 15 percent of the market, leaving 85 percent of Australians unadvised, the statement said.
This market gap provides a huge need and opportunity to leverage new technology to bring affordable independent financial advice to a mass market.
Managing director, Millinium Capital Managers, Tom Wallace said, “Globally, digital financial advice services are demonstrating rapid growth.
“We believe that Ignition Wealth delivers the best-in-class offering for the Australian market and provides the best opportunity for growth.”
Ignition Wealth has recently announced several business advancements including partnership with global fund administrator Link Digital Solutions and a significant investment from Class and Countplus chairman Barry Lambert, the statement said.
The ifa Excellence Awards are back in 2021 and nominations are now open! This prestigious accolade recognises exceptional professionals within the financial advice industry, shining a light on the outstanding achievements from the nation's best and brightest. If this sounds like you or someone you know, then nominate today for the ifa Excellence Awards 2021!
The latest ASIC estimated industry funding levy proves that the current formula is “not equitable or sustainable” according to FPA. ...
An industry body says it is in favour of a change in government as the Coalition have “unfairly targeted” financial advisers. ...
The corporate regulator's cost recovery implementation statement for the 2021 financial year indicates the costs allocated by ASIC to the advice secto...