The Association of Financial Advisers has announced the results of its 2016 election.
Following the poll – which saw a voting member participation rate of 30 per cent – Marc Bineham was elected AFA president, with Michael Nowak named vice-president.
Deborah Kent has been elected treasurer while Jeff Thurecht will take up the position of ACT/NSW state director.
Tim Ross has been elected Queensland state director and Sam Robinson has been named Victorian state director.
Dave Slovinec was elected SA state director while James Ford has been named WA state director.
Matthew Hawkins will retain his office as Tasmanian state director.
The new board takes office following the association's AGM, to be held on 6 October at the AFA National Adviser Conference in Canberra. Office holders serve a two-year term.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Jun 2018Consultant calls for ‘restricted’ product adviceBy Tim Stewart
- 19 Jun 2018Fitzpatricks Group names three new execsBy Reporter
- 19 Jun 2018Former NAB, ASIC exec approaches Dover advisersBy Aleks Vickovich
- 19 Jun 2018CBA blocks access to Dover advisersBy Aleks Vickovich
- 19 Jun 2018ANZ launches adviser wellness portalBy Reporter
- 18 Jun 2018IOOF Alliances launches service for self-licensed advisersBy Reporter
- view all