The Association of Financial Advisers has announced the results of its 2016 election.
Following the poll – which saw a voting member participation rate of 30 per cent – Marc Bineham was elected AFA president, with Michael Nowak named vice-president.
Deborah Kent has been elected treasurer while Jeff Thurecht will take up the position of ACT/NSW state director.
Tim Ross has been elected Queensland state director and Sam Robinson has been named Victorian state director.
Dave Slovinec was elected SA state director while James Ford has been named WA state director.
Matthew Hawkins will retain his office as Tasmanian state director.
The new board takes office following the association's AGM, to be held on 6 October at the AFA National Adviser Conference in Canberra. Office holders serve a two-year term.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Oct 2017Treasurer introduces BEAR legislationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Westpac to refund $65m to customersBy Annie Kane
- 20 Oct 2017Survey tips independent takeoverBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all