The Association of Financial Advisers has announced the results of its 2016 election.
Following the poll – which saw a voting member participation rate of 30 per cent – Marc Bineham was elected AFA president, with Michael Nowak named vice-president.
Deborah Kent has been elected treasurer while Jeff Thurecht will take up the position of ACT/NSW state director.
Tim Ross has been elected Queensland state director and Sam Robinson has been named Victorian state director.
Dave Slovinec was elected SA state director while James Ford has been named WA state director.
Matthew Hawkins will retain his office as Tasmanian state director.
The new board takes office following the association's AGM, to be held on 6 October at the AFA National Adviser Conference in Canberra. Office holders serve a two-year term.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Jan 2019Advisers to suffer ‘horrendously’ from FASEABy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Jan 2019Praemium FUA up 14%, reveals platform upgradeBy Adrian Flores
- 17 Jan 2019ASIC takes court action against former adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019NAB FP seeks resolution of false witness investigationBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019High demand for advisers and paraplanners in 2019By Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019Foreign adviser qualification standards finalisedBy Adrian Flores
- view all