The Association of Financial Advisers has announced the results of its 2016 election.
Following the poll – which saw a voting member participation rate of 30 per cent – Marc Bineham was elected AFA president, with Michael Nowak named vice-president.
Deborah Kent has been elected treasurer while Jeff Thurecht will take up the position of ACT/NSW state director.
Tim Ross has been elected Queensland state director and Sam Robinson has been named Victorian state director.
Dave Slovinec was elected SA state director while James Ford has been named WA state director.
Matthew Hawkins will retain his office as Tasmanian state director.
The new board takes office following the association's AGM, to be held on 6 October at the AFA National Adviser Conference in Canberra. Office holders serve a two-year term.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all