The AFA and Zurich have announced the finalists in this year’s AFA Adviser of the Year and Practice of the Year awards, recognised for their leadership, advocacy and innovation in the financial services industry.
Finalists for the Adviser of the Year award are Darren Johns of Align Financial; Jason Peterson of 5 Financial; and Gary Spencer of Spencer Private Wealth (all three located in NSW).
Finalists for the Practice of the Year award are Sam Henderson of Henderson Maxwell in NSW; Ravi Agarwal of Mediq Financial Services in Victoria; and Craig Banning of Navwealth Financial Group in NSW.
AFA chief executive Brad Fox said the finalists have been judged on areas such as education, experience and contribution to the industry, as well as the processes they employ to deliver an outstanding and consistent customer experience.
“We know each year it is getting more difficult for great practitioners and practices to stand out from the crowd because the standard in our industry continues to be both raised and met,” Mr Fox said.
“This is a great reflection of the desire in our industry to adapt and change.”
Zurich chief executive of life and investments, Tim Bailey, added that “the calibre this year is once again exceptional, and proves that the advice profession remains vibrant, forward looking, and well placed to navigate the evolving landscape”.
The winners will be announced on 7 October at the AFA National Conference in Canberra.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Oct 2017IFAs drive exchange-traded bond demandBy Jessica Yun
- 23 Oct 2017Fiducian prepares for leadership transitionBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Oct 2017Industry association for insurance tech launchesBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Oct 2017Instos ‘struggling’ with IFA ascendancyBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Oct 2017CBA bosses accused of incompetenceBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- view all