The AFA and TAL have announced the finalists of the 2016 Female Excellence in Advice Award, which recognises the top women within the financial advice industry.
The finalists this year are: Amanda Cassar of Wealth Planning Partners; Lea Schodel of MHP Private Wealth; Patricia Peters of Peters McKeown; Peita Diamantidis of Caboodle Financial Services; and Susan Rallings of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management.
The award assesses the candidates’ contributions to financial literacy in the community and/or campaigns targeted specifically at helping female clients take control of their financial lives, the announcement said.
AFA chief executive Brad Fox said the award is an indication of the industry’s progress in generating positive change for the future.
“Female advisers play a vital role in our industry in providing Australians with better access and more choice over who they partner with on their financial journeys,” Mr Fox said.
“As a result, the Australian advice industry continues to get better, enabling it to provide great advice to more Australians."
TAL general manager of retail distribution, Niall McConville, said the award continues to attract and showcase some of the industry's extraordinary female talent.
“TAL has long supported gender equality and believes strongly in greater representation of women in financial services and the difference diversity can make to the financial outcomes of both men and women,” Mr McConville said.
The winner will be announced at the AFA National Conference in Canberra, running from 5 to 7 October.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Jan 2019ASIC takes court action against former adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019NAB FP seeks resolution of false witness investigationBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019High demand for advisers and paraplanners in 2019By Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019Foreign adviser qualification standards finalisedBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019ASIC imposes conditions on Sydney licenseeBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019FASEA locks in educational pathways policyBy Adrian Flores
- view all