Energy Super has brought on MLC Life Insurance as its income protection insurance provider, as the insurer makes further inroads into the group insurance industry fund sector.
MLC said in a statement that Energy Super’s appointment as its group salary continuance provider is part of a continued expansion of its offering for mid-size industry super funds.
The deal with Energy Super deepens its existing relationship with the industry super fund as the incumbent insurer for its default group life and total and permanent disability (TPD) plan, the statement said.
Energy Super is an industry super fund for employees in the energy industry and their families.
MLC general manager for group insurance Suzanne Smith said: “This new contract is a significant step for MLC Life Insurance as we continue to expand our presence in the industry fund sector and importantly in the Brisbane market, with a dedicated claims team to support Energy Super and its members.
“They are the perfect partner for us as we continue to expand our offering within mid-size industry super funds.”
Energy Super chief executive Robyn Petrou said the company’s beliefs naturally complement MLC Life Insurance’s philosophy.
“Together, we have built a model to enhance service and speed up claims management for members, which will enable us to drive and deliver on our members’ expectations of service quality and responsiveness,” Ms Petrou said.
The contract came into effect yesterday.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Jan 2019Advice issues stem from writing of SOAs, says RafteryBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019Federal Court winds up CFS Private WealthBy Eliot Hastie
- 22 Jan 20192.44m Aussies suffer from financial stressBy Sarah Simpkins
- 22 Jan 2019BT releases 6 ‘core’ managed portfoliosBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Jan 2019Licence conditions placed on Sydney AFSLBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019O’Dwyer steps down from politicsBy Adrian Flores
- view all