Yellow Brick Road (YBR) has appointed a former Westpac executive to lead its wealth division, following the resignation of wealth management chief executive Matt Lawler.
YBR announced in a statement today that Adam Youkhana will take on the newly created role of general manager of the company’s wealth division, effective immediately.
“This is a new role, reporting directly to me, responsible for the end-to-end business of wealth management,” YBR executive chairman Mark Bouris said.
“This includes primary responsibility for our AFSL and the general advice and personal advice offers we have within the business."
Mr Youkhana joins YBR from Westpac Banking Group, where he held senior roles for over six years, including most recently as head of partnerships and private banks for financial planning across Australia. Previously, he was head of financial advice and investments for NAB Private Wealth.
“At the heart of our strategy is the intention to build on our strength as a full-service wealth management company and accelerate the growth of the financial advisory arm. The future is bright and we have good momentum,” Mr Youkhana said.
“It’s imperative we leverage from our strong brand, scale across branches and brokers, and strength in our key geographies to accelerate wealth services revenue penetration."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:02Former Dover and Synchron adviser banned for five yearsBy Eliot Hastie
- 09:37Very few Australians save and even fewer invest their moneyBy Reporter
- 09:49Advisers undercharging clients for efforts, says CEOBy Adrian Flores
- 23 Jan 2019Adelaide adviser permanently banned from industryBy Eliot Hastie
- 23 Jan 2019Bowen slams ‘woeful’ handling of royal commissionBy James Mitchell
- 23 Jan 2019Gender super gap lower but still at 34%By Adrian Flores
- view all