The wealth division of a major bank has announced details of new model portfolios which focus on the specific needs of retirees.
ANZ Wealth says its Retirement Model Portfolios were constructed using the principle of diversification across asset classes, incorporating traditional and newer investment techniques such as low volatility equities, unconstrained fixed income, real assets, inflation-protective investments and hedge fund alternatives.
Each of the model portfolios has a stated objective, which could be a combination of growth, income and regular distributions or volatility minimisation.
The model portfolios were developed with Mercer Australia following extensive consultation with financial advisers specialising in advice for retirees.
“The market-based model portfolios can be tailored to an individual’s needs and risk profile,” ANZ Wealth's Australian general manager for aligned licensees, Darren Whereat, said in a statement.
“They can also be complemented by the aged pension and products like annuities, providing more certainty for retirees looking for a consistent income stream or concerned about outliving their savings.”
Mr Whereat said retirees are a growing segment for the company’s advice groups.
“Our advisers tell us their clients are increasingly concerned about outliving their retirement savings, the rising costs of health and aged care and reducing government support,” he said.
“They want to live comfortably in retirement, without the fear of running out of money or being solely dependent on the aged pension.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Jan 2019Advisers to suffer ‘horrendously’ from FASEABy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Jan 2019Praemium FUA up 14%, reveals platform upgradeBy Adrian Flores
- 17 Jan 2019ASIC takes court action against former adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019NAB FP seeks resolution of false witness investigationBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019High demand for advisers and paraplanners in 2019By Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019Foreign adviser qualification standards finalisedBy Adrian Flores
- view all