A staff placement and training provider within the financial services sector will now offer its services to businesses in the advice space, following an increase in demand for candidates.
Spark Professional has begun taking requests from advice and mortgage broking firms across Australia, the firm announced.
Speaking to ifa, director Adrian Patty, who is also a financial adviser at AP Financial Solutions, said: “We’ve experienced a high demand for good people from all practice sizes, but more significantly, there is also a large proportion of advisers out there that are in need, but have not sought support staff.
"We are giving confidence to practices to take on staff where they otherwise would have waited another 6-12 months, the result being advice and mortgage practices overcoming administration bottlenecks, delivering advice quicker and in turn growing at a faster rate,” Mr Patty said.
Spark Professional's move follows a period during which demand for qualified and experienced financial professionals in Australia has grown.
According to the 2016 Hays Quarterly Report, Australia’s banking and financial services sector is seeing “increased demand across the entire wealth market”.
“All businesses involved in wealth management, from SME financial planning firms to the Big 4 banks, want to grow their market share in this profitable area,” the report stated. “Qualified and experienced financial planners are therefore in great demand”.
Among the most in-demand are degree-qualified financial planners, paraplanners and client services officers, the report stated.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Jan 2019Federal Court winds up CFSBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Jan 2019Licence conditions placed on Sydney AFSLBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019O’Dwyer steps down from politicsBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019The wealth management fintech that soared in 2018By James Mitchell
- 18 Jan 2019Advisers to suffer ‘horrendously’ from FASEABy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Jan 2019Praemium FUA up 14%, reveals platform upgradeBy Adrian Flores
- view all