The FSC has announced several changes to its board, including naming a new chairman as well as electing wealth executives from CBA and ANZ.
In a statement, the FSC said its board had unanimously elected Geoff Lloyd, chief executive and managing director of Perpetual Limited, as chairman.
Mr Lloyd replaces Greg Cooper, chief executive of Schroder Investment Management Australia, who will step down from the role this week.
At the same time, the FSC has appointed Annabel Spring, CBA Wealth Management group executive, as co-deputy chair. Ms Spring has been a director at the FSC for four years and also co-chairs the FSC’s Superannuation Board Committee.
Meanwhile, ANZ Wealth Australia managing director Alexis George has been elected to the board to replace Robin Burns, former MD of Equity Trustees Limited.
“We welcome the breadth of experience Alexis will bring to the board,” said FSC chief executive, Sally Loane.
“During her 20-year career in financial services, Alexis has held senior roles spanning superannuation, funds management and insurance across Australia, Europe and Asia.
“She is passionate about helping Australians grow and protect their wealth, believes in the importance of giving consumers access to quality financial advice, and is a strong advocate for improving the customer experience.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:51Elders signs 18th advice practiceBy Staff Reporter
- 10:48AIA launches ‘Claims on Wheels’By Staff Reporter
- 10:32Cost and risk hold back open APLsBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- 10:35Majority of Aussies have no retirement plan: researchBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017Advisers key to ‘living the dream’: FPABy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017US IFA history repeats itself in AustraliaBy Killian Plastow
- view all