Yellow Brick Road (YBR) has announced the resignation of its chief executive of wealth management, effective later this year.
Matt Lawler will step down from the role on 30 September after five years in the position, YBR said in a statement.
Mr Lawler laid the foundations for the firm’s network, developing a suite of financial products and services and creating a strategic platform for the wealth management business, the statement said.
“Matt has delivered a strategy for the wealth management business and has developed the right talent to take the business forward,” executive chairman and founder Mark Bouris said.
“Our wealth management business is in good shape, delivering its best ever monthly result in June 2016. It remains a strategic priority and we will continue to invest in the necessary resources to make it a core contributor of revenue to our business."
Mr Lawler now has more than 25 years’ experience in financial services, having held positions at NAB and MLC prior to joining YBR.
“On behalf of the board of directors, our staff and our branch and broker network, I’d like to thank Matt for his contribution and wish him well for the future,” Mr Bouris said.
In March, Mr Bouris said YBR aims to grow its wealth management offering over the next four years.
“We want 30 per cent of our customers accessing our wealth services by 2020,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Mar 2019Westpac announces exit from financial adviceBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Mar 2019ASIC given greater powers under new proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Mar 2019FPA releases national roadshow detailsBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Mar 2019Linchpin Capital, IIOF fund to be shut downBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Mar 2019FASEA releases final provider accreditation policyBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Mar 2019Adviser given 10-year prison sentence by NSW courtBy Adrian Flores
- view all