Aviva Investors has announced one its funds has received a “recommended” rating by independent investment research body Lonsec Research Australia.
In a statement, the global asset management business said its Aviva Investors Multi-Strategy Target Return Fund received a ‘recommended’ rating by Lonsec after launching in Australia in July 2015.
The fund aims to deliver a return of 5 per cent per annum above the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) base rate over any rolling three-year period, Aviva said, with less than half the volatility of global equities.
Since its inception in 2014, the AIMS Target Return Strategy has raised approximately $8.5 billion globally with support from institutional clients and retail platforms.
Head of business development at Aviva Investors, Brett Jackson said: “We are delighted to receive the positive rating from Lonsec within such a short time frame since the fund was launched in Australia.”
“We are also happy that both the Macquarie Wrap and Colonial Wrap platforms have now added our AIMS Target Return Fund to their investment offerings. The fund being added to the platforms will continue to build good momentum for our AIMS range in the retail sector,” he said.
“In the current environment of low yields and volatility, it is no longer sufficient to beat the benchmark. We are thrilled that our outcome-oriented investment approach resonates well with Australian investors that are looking for specific outcomes regardless of the market conditions.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:14Royal commission branded as run to ‘political agenda’By Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018ASIC finds serious delays in breach reporting from major banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 10:14New ETF to give access to Asian tech giantsBy Eliot Hastie
- 10:14Insight fund added to Netwealth platformBy Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018Failed advice firm was ‘a proven success story’: DalyBy Adrian Flores and James Mitchell
- 25 Sep 2018New city added to FPA’s Women in Wealth programBy Adrian Flores
- view all