Aviva Investors has announced one its funds has received a “recommended” rating by independent investment research body Lonsec Research Australia.
In a statement, the global asset management business said its Aviva Investors Multi-Strategy Target Return Fund received a ‘recommended’ rating by Lonsec after launching in Australia in July 2015.
The fund aims to deliver a return of 5 per cent per annum above the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) base rate over any rolling three-year period, Aviva said, with less than half the volatility of global equities.
Since its inception in 2014, the AIMS Target Return Strategy has raised approximately $8.5 billion globally with support from institutional clients and retail platforms.
Head of business development at Aviva Investors, Brett Jackson said: “We are delighted to receive the positive rating from Lonsec within such a short time frame since the fund was launched in Australia.”
“We are also happy that both the Macquarie Wrap and Colonial Wrap platforms have now added our AIMS Target Return Fund to their investment offerings. The fund being added to the platforms will continue to build good momentum for our AIMS range in the retail sector,” he said.
“In the current environment of low yields and volatility, it is no longer sufficient to beat the benchmark. We are thrilled that our outcome-oriented investment approach resonates well with Australian investors that are looking for specific outcomes regardless of the market conditions.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017Formerly banned adviser to face further ASIC chargesBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Challenger announces ‘strategic relationship’ with Japanese insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Income protection insurance launched for on-demand workersBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017New evidence for self-licensing surgeBy Aleks Vickovich and Linda Santacruz
- 16 Aug 2017RegTech to reduce adviser misconductBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- view all