AMP has launched a new online tool designed to help customers identify and prioritise their goals, as the firm aims to enhance its approach to goals-based advice.
The online Goal Explorer tool is part of a new campaign launched on Sunday, an AMP spokesperson said.
ifa understands the tool is not intended to actually provide online advice, while the next stage in the process will comprise the roll-out of an “enhanced goals approach” through the AMP advice business.
Goal Explorer takes customers through a series of questions that require them to pick from a list of goals, such as “retire right”, “simplify my finances”, “protect my income”, and “buy a home”.
The tool then asks the user to prioritise these goals before it generates a “goals timeline”.
Depending on how the customer responds, Goal Explorer then makes suggestions for “things to think about” when pursuing these goals.
It also provides information on how AMP can help.
“AMP is increasing its focus on goals to find better ways to connect our customers to what’s important in their lives, from saving for their first home to enjoying their retirement,” the spokesperson told ifa.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Adviser exodus creating ‘enormous opportunity’ for accountantsBy Jotham Lian
- 14 Dec 2018Advisers embracing ESG investing, says surveyBy Adrian Flores
- 13 Dec 2018AFA picks apart CPD policy from FASEABy Adrian Flores
- view all