AMP has launched a new online tool designed to help customers identify and prioritise their goals, as the firm aims to enhance its approach to goals-based advice.
The online Goal Explorer tool is part of a new campaign launched on Sunday, an AMP spokesperson said.
ifa understands the tool is not intended to actually provide online advice, while the next stage in the process will comprise the roll-out of an “enhanced goals approach” through the AMP advice business.
Goal Explorer takes customers through a series of questions that require them to pick from a list of goals, such as “retire right”, “simplify my finances”, “protect my income”, and “buy a home”.
The tool then asks the user to prioritise these goals before it generates a “goals timeline”.
Depending on how the customer responds, Goal Explorer then makes suggestions for “things to think about” when pursuing these goals.
It also provides information on how AMP can help.
“AMP is increasing its focus on goals to find better ways to connect our customers to what’s important in their lives, from saving for their first home to enjoying their retirement,” the spokesperson told ifa.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Sep 2017ASIC permanently bans unlicensed SMSF spruikerBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Sep 2017Advisers recognised at Women in Finance AwardsBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Advisers not fully aware of LIF impacts: ZurichBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Red tape forces SMEs to cut staffBy Adam Zuchetti and Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Sep 2017Bitcoin 'dangerous and speculative', says MagellanBy Tim Stewart
- 20 Sep 2017ANZ calls for adviser transparencyBy Killian Plastow
- view all