AMP has launched a new online tool designed to help customers identify and prioritise their goals, as the firm aims to enhance its approach to goals-based advice.
The online Goal Explorer tool is part of a new campaign launched on Sunday, an AMP spokesperson said.
ifa understands the tool is not intended to actually provide online advice, while the next stage in the process will comprise the roll-out of an “enhanced goals approach” through the AMP advice business.
Goal Explorer takes customers through a series of questions that require them to pick from a list of goals, such as “retire right”, “simplify my finances”, “protect my income”, and “buy a home”.
The tool then asks the user to prioritise these goals before it generates a “goals timeline”.
Depending on how the customer responds, Goal Explorer then makes suggestions for “things to think about” when pursuing these goals.
It also provides information on how AMP can help.
“AMP is increasing its focus on goals to find better ways to connect our customers to what’s important in their lives, from saving for their first home to enjoying their retirement,” the spokesperson told ifa.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 May 2018Suncorp Advice enters deal with MidwinterBy Reporter
- 24 May 2018ANZ dealer group boss jumps ship to Aus UnityBy Reporter
- 24 May 2018Elder abuse may stem from additional SMSF membersBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 May 2018Trail commissions ban would create ‘bigger conflict’, says licenseeBy Killian Plastow
- 23 May 2018‘Shut it down’: CPA members rail against troubled advice armBy Aleks Vickovich and Jotham Lian
- 23 May 2018Labor heavyweight concedes industry fund hypocrisyBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- view all