AMP has launched a new online tool designed to help customers identify and prioritise their goals, as the firm aims to enhance its approach to goals-based advice.
The online Goal Explorer tool is part of a new campaign launched on Sunday, an AMP spokesperson said.
ifa understands the tool is not intended to actually provide online advice, while the next stage in the process will comprise the roll-out of an “enhanced goals approach” through the AMP advice business.
Goal Explorer takes customers through a series of questions that require them to pick from a list of goals, such as “retire right”, “simplify my finances”, “protect my income”, and “buy a home”.
The tool then asks the user to prioritise these goals before it generates a “goals timeline”.
Depending on how the customer responds, Goal Explorer then makes suggestions for “things to think about” when pursuing these goals.
It also provides information on how AMP can help.
“AMP is increasing its focus on goals to find better ways to connect our customers to what’s important in their lives, from saving for their first home to enjoying their retirement,” the spokesperson told ifa.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Oct 2018Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Oct 2018Synchron launches app for adviser developmentBy Reporter
- 17 Oct 2018Private banking has no place for bad advisersBy Eliot Hastie
- 17 Oct 2018CBA admits failure to tackle conflicted adviceBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018NAB to address advice issues in $314m payoutBy Eliot Hastie
- view all