Non-aligned dealer group Fortnum Financial Advisers has expanded in Melbourne, Adelaide and Sydney after five new advice firms joined its network.
The new firms include LifeGuard Financial Services, APS Financial Planning and Mornington Financial Services in Melbourne, Redthorn Private Wealth in Adelaide, and The Money Barre in Sydney.
They all joined Fortnum’s boutique offering, FPSA Group, citing its “non-institutional ownership, collaborative culture and client-first focus”, Fortnum said in a statement.
Joel Taylor, managing director of Fortnum Financial Advisers and FPSA, said the FPSA network represented the next generation of advice firms, with the average age of an FPSA adviser being 41 years old.
“We’re excited to have such high-quality, established practices on board, which reflects our commitment to only appoint like-minded advisers who want to be an active part of our collaborative network,” he said.
“Fortnum and FPSA is a community of advisers who are passionate about providing professional advice and delivering better client outcomes.”
APS Financial Planning principal Tim Foster said he was attracted to the dealer group’s independent ownership structure, which promoted unbiased advice.
“Fortnum/FPSA has an open, straightforward model that releases me to provide advice and recommend products and strategies that are best for my clients,” he said.
Mornington Financial Services principal Andrew Fenton said: “It’s easy to see how an adviser quietly running their own business can get caught out when the world changes.
“Advisers who want to continue growing need a tribe of like-minded people around them, supporting them.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Aug 2018AFA reveals Female Excellence in Advice finalistsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all