IOOF has announced the appointment of Ray King as manager of the alternatives portfolio within the group's investments division.
Mr King will be responsible for strategy, growth and the investment performance of the IOOF Alternatives Portfolio, consisting of investments outside the traditional asset classes.
He has more than 25 years' industry experience, having previously held asset management roles at Towers Perrin and Industry Fund Services, being responsible for developing their asset consulting and funds management businesses, an IOOF statement said.
Mr King also founded Sovereign Investment Research, which provides specialist investment advice and consulting to institutional investors and investment managers.
IOOF chief investment officer Steve Merlicek said Mr King is a respected industry leader and is delighted he is joining the team.
“Ray’s appointment reflects the importance we ascribe to alternative investments within the IOOF multi-manager portfolios,” Mr Merlicek said.
“He is a very capable specialist on alternative assets, having worked as an adviser with a vast number of superannuation funds since 1990 to establish some of the largest investment programs in Australia.”
Mr King was the founding chair of the Australian chapter of IMCA in 2000 and he was made a life member in 2012, the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Oct 2017Treasurer introduces BEAR legislationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Westpac to refund $65m to customersBy Annie Kane
- 20 Oct 2017Survey tips independent takeoverBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all