IOOF has announced the appointment of Ray King as manager of the alternatives portfolio within the group's investments division.
Mr King will be responsible for strategy, growth and the investment performance of the IOOF Alternatives Portfolio, consisting of investments outside the traditional asset classes.
He has more than 25 years' industry experience, having previously held asset management roles at Towers Perrin and Industry Fund Services, being responsible for developing their asset consulting and funds management businesses, an IOOF statement said.
Mr King also founded Sovereign Investment Research, which provides specialist investment advice and consulting to institutional investors and investment managers.
IOOF chief investment officer Steve Merlicek said Mr King is a respected industry leader and is delighted he is joining the team.
“Ray’s appointment reflects the importance we ascribe to alternative investments within the IOOF multi-manager portfolios,” Mr Merlicek said.
“He is a very capable specialist on alternative assets, having worked as an adviser with a vast number of superannuation funds since 1990 to establish some of the largest investment programs in Australia.”
Mr King was the founding chair of the Australian chapter of IMCA in 2000 and he was made a life member in 2012, the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 08:51ANZ to suspend asset finance lendingBy Staff Reporter
- 08:46CommInsure partners with industry fund on claimsBy Staff Reporter
- 08:43ASIC disqualifies jailed SMSF auditorBy Staff Reporter
- 04:08Australian advisers unprepared for exitBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- view all