AMP Capital and BetaShares have launched Australia's first actively-managed global listed infrastructure securities and global listed property securities exchange-traded managed funds on the ASX, according to a statement.
Investors can now buy the AMP Capital Global Listed Infrastructure Securities Fund (Unhedged) (Managed Fund) (GLIN) and the AMP Capital Global Property Securities Fund (Unhedged) (Managed Fund) (RENT).
GLIN provides access to a global infrastructure strategy, which has been offered in an unlisted fund, while RENT provides access to a global portfolio of real estate investment trusts and listed property securities and is focused on Europe, the Americas and the Asia Pacific, the statement said.
The funds are the first to be launched under the alliance between AMP Capital and BetaShares.
AMP Capital head of SMSF and self-directed wealth Tim Keegan said: "Investors will be able to access a full portfolio of diversified exposure in just one trade."
"Both these funds give investors exposure outside of the Australian market in asset classes that have historically been proven performers when interest rates are low," he said.
BetaShares managing director Alex Vynokur said: "We expect to see heightened interest in these funds as more investors are made aware of the benefits of including them in their portfolios such as easy access and management, liquidity and diversification."
A third fund, the AMP Capital Dynamic Markets Fund (Hedge Fund), is expected to be launched in coming weeks, the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Jun 2018IOOF Alliances launches service for self-licensed advisersBy Reporter
- 18 Jun 2018Former adviser convicted for dishonest conductBy Reporter
- 18 Jun 2018IFA sector digs deep for DoverBy Aleks Vickovich
- 15 Jun 2018‘Information asymmetry’ a difficulty for advisersBy Killian Plastow and Tasnuva Bindi
- 15 Jun 2018ASIC takes Westpac to court over poor adviceBy Reporter
- 15 Jun 2018AFCA names new chief executiveBy Reporter
- view all