One of Australia's largest privately-owned financial services training companies, Mentor Education, has appointed a corporate strategist and educator to chair the group's 10-person academic board.
David Lamond has had an international career as a senior adviser on corporate strategy, human resource management and executive development.
Mentor Education's chairman, Jim Taggart, said: "Dr Lamond is joining a fantastic organisation aiming to deliver relevant education for financial planners who are keen to undertake the next generation of quality courses and degrees."
Dr Lamond was the inaugural chair of Australia's Financial Planning Education Council between 2011 and 2013. During his time at the council, he implemented the Australian higher education curriculum and accreditation framework for financial planning.
He has also served as a member of the global education working group of the International Financial Planning Standards Board, a 26-nation, non-profit standards-setting organisation that promotes global excellence in financial planning.
"I am delighted to become the inaugural Chair of Mentor Education's Academic Board, especially as it meets increasing community and industry demands for better trained financial planners," Dr Lamond said. "I am excited to bring experienced and independent advice in support of Mentor's successful drive to develop innovative education programs for financial industry professionals."
He is currently adjunct professor of human resource management and international business at Victoria University and managing partner of his business consultancy, Corporate Consigliere.
Previously, he was pro-vice-chancellor of Victoria University's offshore branch campus development, as well as the university's executive dean, business and law.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Jan 2019Advisers to suffer ‘horrendously’ from FASEABy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Jan 2019Praemium FUA up 14%, reveals platform upgradeBy Adrian Flores
- 17 Jan 2019ASIC takes court action against former adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019NAB FP seeks resolution of false witness investigationBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019High demand for advisers and paraplanners in 2019By Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019Foreign adviser qualification standards finalisedBy Adrian Flores
- view all