MLC has announced its new head of practice development, who will work with licensee advisers to help them grow their businesses and implement strategies.
In a statement, the firm said Michael Downey brings 30 years of industry experience to the role and was most recently part of MLC's strategic accounts team.
"We're very excited to welcome Michael Downey to the role of head of practice development, where he will bring a wealth of experience from previous leadership roles," said MLC general manager of advice partnerships, Ross Barnwell.
"Mike's experience will be key in helping us deliver to our purpose of enabling advice businesses to deliver a valued and enduring client experience."
Mr Downey said he is looking forward to taking up the new leadership challenge.
"It's a great opportunity to work closely with MLC's advice businesses," he said.
"Leadership and executing strategies are a passion of mine, therefore the fit seemed natural in stepping into a position which is focused on using these skills. I'm excited to have been given the opportunity to lead the practice development team at MLC, which is renowned for being an industry leader in the space of practice management."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all