MLC has announced its new head of practice development, who will work with licensee advisers to help them grow their businesses and implement strategies.
In a statement, the firm said Michael Downey brings 30 years of industry experience to the role and was most recently part of MLC's strategic accounts team.
"We're very excited to welcome Michael Downey to the role of head of practice development, where he will bring a wealth of experience from previous leadership roles," said MLC general manager of advice partnerships, Ross Barnwell.
"Mike's experience will be key in helping us deliver to our purpose of enabling advice businesses to deliver a valued and enduring client experience."
Mr Downey said he is looking forward to taking up the new leadership challenge.
"It's a great opportunity to work closely with MLC's advice businesses," he said.
"Leadership and executing strategies are a passion of mine, therefore the fit seemed natural in stepping into a position which is focused on using these skills. I'm excited to have been given the opportunity to lead the practice development team at MLC, which is renowned for being an industry leader in the space of practice management."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Oct 2017Treasurer introduces BEAR legislationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Westpac to refund $65m to customersBy Annie Kane
- 20 Oct 2017Survey tips independent takeoverBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all