Fixed-income specialist FIIG Securities has launched a new mobile app that will give investors access to the over-the-counter bond market.
In a statement, the firm said the app will offer information on pricing, yields and research for more than 300 bonds from different corporate and government organisations.
This information previously required "an expensive financial data terminal" to access, the statement said.
When a user acquires a bond, the app will offer daily updates on the portfolio, notifications of when interest has been received and projections of future income.
The app is available for Apple and Android devices.
FIIG chief executive Mark Paton said the new app represents a "breakthrough" for investors.
"The app is the latest milestone in our journey to put fixed-income on the map in Australia," he said.
"Giving investors the information they need to get transparency in the OTC bond market is essential to enabling them to invest with confidence. It gives open, free access to bond prices, history, research, market commentary and investor education, portfolio monitoring and online ordering."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Jul 2018CPA shuts financial advice divisionBy Reporter
- 20 Jul 2018Don't neglect AI, advisers warnedBy Tim Stewart
- 19 Jul 2018AMP unveils new in-house training programBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Self-licensed adviser cops 4-year ASIC banBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Hub24 to launch new core offeringBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018SMSF sector warns about advice ‘exodus’By Miranda Brownlee
- view all