Fixed-income specialist FIIG Securities has launched a new mobile app that will give investors access to the over-the-counter bond market.
In a statement, the firm said the app will offer information on pricing, yields and research for more than 300 bonds from different corporate and government organisations.
This information previously required "an expensive financial data terminal" to access, the statement said.
When a user acquires a bond, the app will offer daily updates on the portfolio, notifications of when interest has been received and projections of future income.
The app is available for Apple and Android devices.
FIIG chief executive Mark Paton said the new app represents a "breakthrough" for investors.
"The app is the latest milestone in our journey to put fixed-income on the map in Australia," he said.
"Giving investors the information they need to get transparency in the OTC bond market is essential to enabling them to invest with confidence. It gives open, free access to bond prices, history, research, market commentary and investor education, portfolio monitoring and online ordering."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Aug 2017Former ANZ adviser banned for lifeBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Aug 2017Industry veteran joins Bondi boutique’s boardBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Aug 2017Invest in next generation, says AWSBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017O’Dwyer announces EDR transition panelBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Aug 2017ASIC reveals recent enforcement activityBy Larissa Waterson
- 22 Aug 2017Advisers must become ‘lifestyle coaches’: ZurichBy Jessica Yun
- view all