Fixed-income specialist FIIG Securities has launched a new mobile app that will give investors access to the over-the-counter bond market.
In a statement, the firm said the app will offer information on pricing, yields and research for more than 300 bonds from different corporate and government organisations.
This information previously required "an expensive financial data terminal" to access, the statement said.
When a user acquires a bond, the app will offer daily updates on the portfolio, notifications of when interest has been received and projections of future income.
The app is available for Apple and Android devices.
FIIG chief executive Mark Paton said the new app represents a "breakthrough" for investors.
"The app is the latest milestone in our journey to put fixed-income on the map in Australia," he said.
"Giving investors the information they need to get transparency in the OTC bond market is essential to enabling them to invest with confidence. It gives open, free access to bond prices, history, research, market commentary and investor education, portfolio monitoring and online ordering."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Nov 2018ASIC bans financial services representativeBy Eliot Hastie
- 14 Nov 2018Fintech should make advice ‘enjoyable’By Adrian Flores
- 14 Nov 2018Hayne commission driving adviser tech shiftBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Nov 2018InvestSMART launches maxed feesBy Sarah Simpkins
- 13 Nov 2018Advice demand soaring despite reputation hitBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Nov 2018Former premier, advisers sound alarm on sex discriminationBy James Mitchell
- view all