Fixed-income specialist FIIG Securities has launched a new mobile app that will give investors access to the over-the-counter bond market.
In a statement, the firm said the app will offer information on pricing, yields and research for more than 300 bonds from different corporate and government organisations.
This information previously required "an expensive financial data terminal" to access, the statement said.
When a user acquires a bond, the app will offer daily updates on the portfolio, notifications of when interest has been received and projections of future income.
The app is available for Apple and Android devices.
FIIG chief executive Mark Paton said the new app represents a "breakthrough" for investors.
"The app is the latest milestone in our journey to put fixed-income on the map in Australia," he said.
"Giving investors the information they need to get transparency in the OTC bond market is essential to enabling them to invest with confidence. It gives open, free access to bond prices, history, research, market commentary and investor education, portfolio monitoring and online ordering."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Oct 2017Treasurer introduces BEAR legislationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Westpac to refund $65m to customersBy Annie Kane
- 20 Oct 2017Survey tips independent takeoverBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all