ANZ's online trading platform E*TRADE Australia now has a new name as the bank continues to integrate elements of its business.
The bank's share trading platform will be known as ANZ Share Investing.
ANZ managing director for pensions and investments, Peter Mullin, said, "This is an important change for us as it brings our online share trading platform into the ANZ fold.
"ANZ has a strong brand that is widely recognised and trusted among our customers, so it makes sense to move this platform under that banner.
"While this is an important change, customers will continue to access the same trading tools, investment options and services they did under the E*TRADE Australia brand," he said.
E*TRADE was launched in Australia in 1998 and was the first Australian online broker to introduce fully automated straight-through processing, which meant customers' orders were among the first to market. E*TRADE became a wholly-owned subsidiary of ANZ in June 2007.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Minimal time spent on client engagement, survey findsBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Advice regtech aims to ease CPD burden under FASEABy Adrian Flores
- 14 Feb 2019AMP adviser network declined 4.6% in 2018By Adrian Flores
- view all