ANZ's online trading platform E*TRADE Australia now has a new name as the bank continues to integrate elements of its business.
The bank's share trading platform will be known as ANZ Share Investing.
ANZ managing director for pensions and investments, Peter Mullin, said, "This is an important change for us as it brings our online share trading platform into the ANZ fold.
"ANZ has a strong brand that is widely recognised and trusted among our customers, so it makes sense to move this platform under that banner.
"While this is an important change, customers will continue to access the same trading tools, investment options and services they did under the E*TRADE Australia brand," he said.
E*TRADE was launched in Australia in 1998 and was the first Australian online broker to introduce fully automated straight-through processing, which meant customers' orders were among the first to market. E*TRADE became a wholly-owned subsidiary of ANZ in June 2007.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Aug 2018Grandfathering is not in consumers' interests: KellBy Tim Stewart
- 17 Aug 2018Advisers can ‘professionalise’ clients’ philanthropyBy Lucy Dean and Killian Plastow
- 17 Aug 2018Standalone robo-advisers ‘will not attract’ HNW investorsBy Reporter
- 17 Aug 2018Assess super on value not fees, Rice Warner urgesBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Aug 2018ANZ taken to task over ‘misleading’ general adviceBy Reporter
- 16 Aug 2018Faith in adviser ethics fallsBy Reporter
- view all