Zurich's life and investment business has hired from within for a newly-created digitally-focused executive role.
Marc Fabris will take up the position of head of digital, and will lead the next phase of the insurer's strategy to become more digitally engaged both with customers and distribution partners.
He will oversee a team comprising web producers, digital strategists and marketing automation specialists.
Mr Fabris returns to Australia fresh from a three-year assignment at Zurich's global headquarters, where he served as global life head of digital marketing.
Philip Kewin, general manager, life and investments, for Zurich's Australian business, said Mr Fabris' passion and expertise have been a significant contributor to Zurich's local reputation as a pioneer of innovation and technology.
"Marc was one of the first to understand the convergence of mobile technology and social media and its implications for the way insurers could engage with its customers, distributors and the wider community, a vision which resulted in Zurich launching several 'first to market' apps, ranging from mobile quoting to augmented reality," Mr Kewin said.
"He also understood the possibilities to drive both efficiency and improved client service by supporting market facing digital solutions with the right infrastructure, and he was the chief architect of Zurich's market leading daily data feed solution.
"Marc has a well-deserved reputation amongst the IFA community as a digital pioneer and fintech advocate, and we are excited to welcome him back," Mr Kewin said.
One of Mr Fabris' first priorities will be to oversee a major revamp of Zurich's local websites.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Nov 2018Government sets $51m to pursue misconductBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018The financial advisers most people don’t read aboutBy James Mitchell
- 16 Nov 2018Clients expect advisers to understand their situationBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018Retirees hit hardest by franking credit changes, says FSCBy Sarah Simpkins
- 16 Nov 2018Trust in advice more important than everBy Stephanie Aikins
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- view all