After departing CommInsure in March, the insurer's former head of life product and strategy has now joined TAL in the newly created position of general manager for health services.
In a statement issued today, TAL said Sally Phillips would join the insurer in the newly created general manager of health services position.
Prior to her time at CommInsure, Ms Phillips spent two years at Macquarie Life as head of the underwriting, claims and insurance proposition and nearly six years at Macquarie Group as head of underwriting and claims.
TAL chief operating officer Justin Delaney said Ms Phillips' appointment was part of the insurer's commitment to the long term health and wellbeing of its customers.
"We aim to improve the complete customer experience through improved medical and health capabilities – from improved insight and competencies of medical definitions in product design to enhanced customer rehabilitation and broader customer wellness initiatives," TAL chief operating officer Justin Delaney said.
"Creating new customer experiences is essential and we need to have future-facing thinking; evolving our health services is core to that proposition. To drive these initiatives, we have appointed Dr Sally Phillips in a newly created role as GM for Health Services."
Ms Phillips will be responsible for TAL's health services proposition and will work with multiple business teams, including innovation, marketing and distribution, to support the development of the firm's existing proposition, and will focus on the development of new market developments, TAL said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018‘No advisers have been mistreated’: DalyBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- 19 Sep 2018Linchpin funded advice business in liquidationBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Government beefs up ASIC capabilitiesBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Labor super gender gap proposals meet FSC approvalBy Adrian Flores
- view all