After departing CommInsure in March, the insurer's former head of life product and strategy has now joined TAL in the newly created position of general manager for health services.
In a statement issued today, TAL said Sally Phillips would join the insurer in the newly created general manager of health services position.
Prior to her time at CommInsure, Ms Phillips spent two years at Macquarie Life as head of the underwriting, claims and insurance proposition and nearly six years at Macquarie Group as head of underwriting and claims.
TAL chief operating officer Justin Delaney said Ms Phillips' appointment was part of the insurer's commitment to the long term health and wellbeing of its customers.
"We aim to improve the complete customer experience through improved medical and health capabilities – from improved insight and competencies of medical definitions in product design to enhanced customer rehabilitation and broader customer wellness initiatives," TAL chief operating officer Justin Delaney said.
"Creating new customer experiences is essential and we need to have future-facing thinking; evolving our health services is core to that proposition. To drive these initiatives, we have appointed Dr Sally Phillips in a newly created role as GM for Health Services."
Ms Phillips will be responsible for TAL's health services proposition and will work with multiple business teams, including innovation, marketing and distribution, to support the development of the firm's existing proposition, and will focus on the development of new market developments, TAL said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- 16 Mar 2018NAB launches virtual assistant for superBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018IFA-focused platforms open to new strategiesBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018Deakin eyes advisers to fill staff demandBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Mar 2018Adviser Innovation Summit 2018 agenda announcedBy Staff Reporter
- view all