A prominent industry fund has picked up the former NGS Super head of financial planning to head up its advice division.
According to a statement, Local Government Super (LGS) has appointed Andrew Dunkerley as its new head of advice.
Mr Dunkerley's appointment is in line with LGS' strategy to increase the take-up of financial advice among its members by expanding their financial planning capability, the statement said.
Mr Dunkerley has over 20 years' experience in financial services, including senior roles at NGS Super and Industry Fund Services.
LGS chief executive Peter Lambert said he was confident Mr Dunkerley's skills and experience make him ideally suited to the new role.
"Andrew will be developing and enhancing multiple advice channels, including telephone, web-based advice and advice in the workplace to complement LGS' core face-to-face services," Mr Lambert said.
"At the same time we have asked him to focus on limited or piece-by-piece advice for our members which many organisations are not adequately addressing, because this is where we have seen a real increase in demand in recent times."
Mr Dunkerley said he will strive to offer services that will appeal to the majority of Australians who currently do not receive financial advice.
"It is so important that cost effective, high quality, tailored advice is made available to as many Australians as possible, in ways which suit their individual circumstances," he said.
"LGS already has 16 financial planners on the ground, many of them in regional areas, and I look forward to supporting them and to growing our advice capability over time."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Minimal time spent on client engagement, survey findsBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Advice regtech aims to ease CPD burden under FASEABy Adrian Flores
- 14 Feb 2019AMP adviser network declined 4.6% in 2018By Adrian Flores
- view all