A prominent industry fund has picked up the former NGS Super head of financial planning to head up its advice division.
According to a statement, Local Government Super (LGS) has appointed Andrew Dunkerley as its new head of advice.
Mr Dunkerley's appointment is in line with LGS' strategy to increase the take-up of financial advice among its members by expanding their financial planning capability, the statement said.
Mr Dunkerley has over 20 years' experience in financial services, including senior roles at NGS Super and Industry Fund Services.
LGS chief executive Peter Lambert said he was confident Mr Dunkerley's skills and experience make him ideally suited to the new role.
"Andrew will be developing and enhancing multiple advice channels, including telephone, web-based advice and advice in the workplace to complement LGS' core face-to-face services," Mr Lambert said.
"At the same time we have asked him to focus on limited or piece-by-piece advice for our members which many organisations are not adequately addressing, because this is where we have seen a real increase in demand in recent times."
Mr Dunkerley said he will strive to offer services that will appeal to the majority of Australians who currently do not receive financial advice.
"It is so important that cost effective, high quality, tailored advice is made available to as many Australians as possible, in ways which suit their individual circumstances," he said.
"LGS already has 16 financial planners on the ground, many of them in regional areas, and I look forward to supporting them and to growing our advice capability over time."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all