TAL has launched a new function allowing clients to upgrade their insurance cover online, cutting out additional paperwork both for the clients and their advisers.
According to a statement, the service, known as Cover Upgrade Express, will allow customers to quickly increase their life insurance, TPD insurance and critical illness insurance.
The service allows clients to upgrade their cover online without underwriting, and to take advantage of the guaranteed future insurability (GFI) benefit feature of their policy, the statement said.
TAL's general manager of retail distribution, Niall McConville, said GFI allows policies to be increased following life events such as buying a house, finishing a postgraduate degree or having a child.
"Clients are notified of their eligibility at policy renewal time and can action their upgrade without new evidence of health or pastimes," he said.
"It is an easy self-service online process."
Cover Upgrade Express will be available for eligible Accelerated Protection Policy customers under 55 years of age, the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Nov 2018Government sets $51m to pursue misconductBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018The financial advisers most people don’t read aboutBy James Mitchell
- 16 Nov 2018Clients expect advisers to understand their situationBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018Retirees hit hardest by franking credit changes, says FSCBy Sarah Simpkins
- 16 Nov 2018Trust in advice more important than everBy Stephanie Aikins
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- view all