TAL has launched a new function allowing clients to upgrade their insurance cover online, cutting out additional paperwork both for the clients and their advisers.
According to a statement, the service, known as Cover Upgrade Express, will allow customers to quickly increase their life insurance, TPD insurance and critical illness insurance.
The service allows clients to upgrade their cover online without underwriting, and to take advantage of the guaranteed future insurability (GFI) benefit feature of their policy, the statement said.
TAL's general manager of retail distribution, Niall McConville, said GFI allows policies to be increased following life events such as buying a house, finishing a postgraduate degree or having a child.
"Clients are notified of their eligibility at policy renewal time and can action their upgrade without new evidence of health or pastimes," he said.
"It is an easy self-service online process."
Cover Upgrade Express will be available for eligible Accelerated Protection Policy customers under 55 years of age, the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2018Independent advice will prosper but must be paid for: LovedayBy James Mitchell
- 21 Sep 2018Former ASFA policy advisor to boost FPA ranksBy Reporter
- 21 Sep 2018Aligned advisers in search of freedomBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018‘No advisers have been mistreated’: DalyBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- view all