Centrepoint Alliance has appointed Hugh Robertson as an independent non-executive director of the board.
In a statement to the ASX, the firm said Mr Robertson has more than 30 years' experience in the financial services sector, and is currently a non-executive director of AMA Group and TasFood.
Mr Robertson recently resigned from the board of platform provider Hub24 after nearly five years, and was also a director of insurance broking group OAMPS, the statement said.
Centrepoint chairman Alan Fisher said Mr Robertson has been a key driver in the creation of significant shareholder value at a number of financial services ventures.
"We are excited about the contribution Hugh can make at Centrepoint as our growth strategy continues to evolve," he said.
Mr Robertson will also be a member of Centrepoint's group audit, risk and compliance committee, the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Oct 2018Private banking has no place for bad advisersBy Eliot Hastie
- 17 Oct 2018CBA admits failure to tackle conflicted adviceBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018NAB to address advice issues in $314m payoutBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Oct 2018Former BT exec joins mortgage and financial advice groupBy Reporter
- 16 Oct 2018ANZ under fire over ‘conflicted’ IOOF dealBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018Advisers should be early call in divorce casesBy Adrian Flores
- view all