Centrepoint Alliance has appointed Hugh Robertson as an independent non-executive director of the board.
In a statement to the ASX, the firm said Mr Robertson has more than 30 years' experience in the financial services sector, and is currently a non-executive director of AMA Group and TasFood.
Mr Robertson recently resigned from the board of platform provider Hub24 after nearly five years, and was also a director of insurance broking group OAMPS, the statement said.
Centrepoint chairman Alan Fisher said Mr Robertson has been a key driver in the creation of significant shareholder value at a number of financial services ventures.
"We are excited about the contribution Hugh can make at Centrepoint as our growth strategy continues to evolve," he said.
Mr Robertson will also be a member of Centrepoint's group audit, risk and compliance committee, the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Aug 2018Grandfathering is not in consumers' interests: KellBy Tim Stewart
- 17 Aug 2018Advisers can ‘professionalise’ clients’ philanthropyBy Lucy Dean and Killian Plastow
- 17 Aug 2018Standalone robo-advisers ‘will not attract’ HNW investorsBy Reporter
- 17 Aug 2018Assess super on value not fees, Rice Warner urgesBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Aug 2018ANZ taken to task over ‘misleading’ general adviceBy Reporter
- 16 Aug 2018Faith in adviser ethics fallsBy Reporter
- view all