A Sydney-based dealer group is looking to attract experienced SMSF accounting specialists to the network via a new licensing package.
Libertas Financial Planning director Mark Euvrard said the offer would appeal to many accountants who are looking for an independently-owned and non-aligned licensee with no product ties.
The Libertas offering has been developed for SMSF accountants.
"What's unique about us is that we're established in the advice market but we also understand accountants," Mr Euvrard said.
Specialist SMSF accountants are looking for a seamless transition to the new licensing regime, while they continue to do what they have been doing to date in a compliant manner, he said
"Our package includes customised software which guides the adviser through the compliance process and generates Statements of Advice for their clients. Many accountants would not be familiar with this type of software – user friendly and designed for accountants," Mr Euvrard said.
"As an added feature, the software also contains a suite of client letter templates to use for unlicensed accounting work when providing tax and compliance advice."
Mr Euvrard added that Libertas is a strong advocate of advice and strategy over product distribution.
"We're not seeking to attract hundreds of accountants to the banner. We're selective and accountants should be too. Large complex practices probably won't fit our model," he said.
"However, sole or small specialist practices with a similar cultural and philosophical fit will feel at home with us."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:02Former Dover and Synchron adviser banned for five yearsBy Eliot Hastie
- 09:37Very few Australians save and even fewer invest their moneyBy Reporter
- 09:49Advisers undercharging clients for efforts, says CEOBy Adrian Flores
- 23 Jan 2019Adelaide adviser permanently banned from industryBy Eliot Hastie
- 23 Jan 2019Bowen slams ‘woeful’ handling of royal commissionBy James Mitchell
- 23 Jan 2019Gender super gap lower but still at 34%By Adrian Flores
- view all