MLC has appointed a general manager as it integrates MLC Advice into Advice Partnerships and looks to further expand the business.
The wealth manager has promoted Jasia Fabig into the newly-created role.
According to an MLC statement, this is part of a broader strategy to move the MLC Advice network into Advice Partnerships – with its own general management structure.
Ross Barnwell, general manager, advice partnerships, said the new management structure to be led by Ms Fabig will "accelerate the growth of the MLC Advice business, while offering new opportunities for advisers to grow their businesses."
"We believe the future growth of the MLC Advice network is best supported by one team under a general manager. We're confident that Jasia's extensive career, depth of knowledge, and understanding of the wealth business at both strategic and practice levels will be valuable to the growth of MLC Advice."
Ms Fabig was most recently head of practice management, MLC Advice Solutions and Godfrey Pembroke. Prior to joining MLC, she spent several years as the head of sales and strategy at St George Financial Planning Services.
Commenting on her new role, Ms Fabig said, "I'm looking forward to the new role and to be overseeing the integration of MLC's Advice offering. The integration of the business offers a great opportunity for us to continue to grow the channel, and I'm thrilled to be at the forefront of the changing business in the coming years."
The MLC Advice network will be supported by one team under Ms Fabig's direction, bringing together the account management, adviser development management and franchise management functions, the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Aug 2018AFA reveals Female Excellence in Advice finalistsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all