The hunt is on for a new RI Advice boss after the current CEO moved within ANZ into a newly created position focused on aligned dealers.
In a statement today, ANZ announced that Darren Whereat, the current RI Advice chief executive, will take up the new position of general manager, aligned dealers and advice standards, reporting to managing director Wealth Australia, Alexis George.
In this position, Mr Whereat will be responsible for ANZ's aligned financial planners and advice standards across the aligned network.
Mr Whereat has more than 25 years' experience in financial services and has also worked at BT Financial Group, Asgard and MLC.
Commenting on the appointment, Ms George said: "Over the last three years Darren has made a strong contribution to our business as Chief Executive of RI Advice. This, coupled with his significant industry experience, will make him a valuable addition to the Wealth Australia leadership team."
"With Darren's appointment to this new role, we will begin the recruitment process for the Chief Executive of RI Advice over the coming weeks," she said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:29CBA touts ‘independent’ CFS GroupBy Reporter
- 22 Jun 2018AMP chair urges RC to not to restrict business modelsBy Reporter
- 22 Jun 2018David Murray takes reins as AMP chairmanBy Reporter
- 22 Jun 2018Fitzpatricks announces new licensee bossBy Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Jun 2018AFSL regime stifling client-centric advice: FPABy Killian Plastow
- 21 Jun 2018Henderson Maxwell to merge with AZ NGA firmBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all