The hunt is on for a new RI Advice boss after the current CEO moved within ANZ into a newly created position focused on aligned dealers.
In a statement today, ANZ announced that Darren Whereat, the current RI Advice chief executive, will take up the new position of general manager, aligned dealers and advice standards, reporting to managing director Wealth Australia, Alexis George.
In this position, Mr Whereat will be responsible for ANZ's aligned financial planners and advice standards across the aligned network.
Mr Whereat has more than 25 years' experience in financial services and has also worked at BT Financial Group, Asgard and MLC.
Commenting on the appointment, Ms George said: "Over the last three years Darren has made a strong contribution to our business as Chief Executive of RI Advice. This, coupled with his significant industry experience, will make him a valuable addition to the Wealth Australia leadership team."
"With Darren's appointment to this new role, we will begin the recruitment process for the Chief Executive of RI Advice over the coming weeks," she said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Minimal time spent on client engagement, survey findsBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Advice regtech aims to ease CPD burden under FASEABy Adrian Flores
- 14 Feb 2019AMP adviser network declined 4.6% in 2018By Adrian Flores
- view all