The AFA is now accepting submissions for its ninth Excellence in Education Award, presented in conjunction with Asteron Life.
AFA general manager for member services, partnerships and campus Nick Hakes said consumers really value highly-educated advisers and the award demonstrates the direct link between investment in education and professional credibility.
“Over the last 18 months financial advisers have created a momentum shift towards embracing higher education standards,” Mr Hakes said.
“This Award showcases advisers who are investing in further education for themselves and their staff and then thinking about how they connect education to their clients' financial wellness and their own business performance.
“Our 2015 winner, Charles Badenach, used education to improve the financial literacy of migrant groups in Tasmania,” he said.
“The AFA has always held a core belief in lifelong learning and the practical application of knowledge and Charles is a great example of an adviser living those values.”
Asteron Life executive manager Mark Vilo said Asteron is proud to continue its support, encouragement and celebration of professionalism within the financial advice community.
“Quite simply, the importance of this Award cannot be [overstated] in the current environment,” Mr Vilo said.
“I encourage all advisers who have a great story to tell about how they have used their education as a way to positively change perceptions of the financial adviser to nominate for the Award.”
National finalists will be announced in July at the AFA’s National Practitioner Roadshows, with the overall winner being announced at the AFA National Adviser Conference in Canberra in October.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 May 2018ANZ dealer group boss jumps ship to Aus UnityBy Reporter
- 24 May 2018Elder abuse may stem from additional SMSF membersBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 May 2018Trail commissions ban would create ‘bigger conflict’, says licenseeBy Killian Plastow
- 23 May 2018‘Shut it down’: CPA members rail against troubled advice armBy Aleks Vickovich and Jotham Lian
- 23 May 2018Labor heavyweight concedes industry fund hypocrisyBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- 22 May 2018Netwealth reflects on Banqer progressBy Reporter
- view all