Advice practice Atlas Wealth Management has appointed Jarrad Brown as its Singapore-based specialist financial planner as part of plans to expand within the state.
Mr Brown has been based in Singapore since mid-2013 and, along with being a financial planner, has also been a professional MC for various business, corporate and not-for-profit events.
He previously held a range of board director roles in Australia and was an investment adviser for Patersons Securities in Perth.
"As an Australian-trained and qualified adviser in Singapore, I recognise the specialist needs of Australian expats abroad," Mr Brown said.
"As one of the only Australian-licensed, expat-focused financial advisory firms, Atlas provides an excellent fit with our team here in Singapore."
Atlas managing director Brett Evans said expanding to Singapore and appointing Mr Brown was an important step in its aim to deliver professional, quality advice to Australian expats.
"Australian expats in Singapore will now have a specialist financial planner based locally that is licensed in Australia with whom they can discuss their financial circumstances, and understands their circumstances as an Australian based overseas," Mr Evans said.
Mr Evans said a major part of the appointment process was working with the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) to ensure that all regulatory requirements were maintained and adhered to.
"Compliance, whether in Australia or overseas, is a very important aspect of the financial services industry and is something we take very seriously," he said.
Mr Evans previously spoke to ifa about how technology has benefitted the Queensland-headquartered practice by allowing them to maintain relationships with clients without needing to see them in person.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Oct 2018NAB to address advice issues in $314m payoutBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Oct 2018ANZ under fire over ‘conflicted’ IOOF dealBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018Advisers should be early call in divorce casesBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Oct 2018War with Dover ‘destroyed me’, says ex-adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Oct 2018Macquarie adds Insight fund to platformBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018FASEA is setting a new standard for the industry: Assistant TreasurerBy Eliot Hastie
- view all