One of Australia's largest privately owned financial services training companies has appointed a former AFA national president as its inaugural chairman.
Industry stalwart and long-time financial adviser Jim Taggart will take up the position at Mentor Education.
"With the new wave of financial services legislation aimed at raising the professional standards of financial advisers, I am delighted to be part of Mentor's experienced team in providing the next generation of quality courses and degrees," Mr Taggart said.
Commenting on the appointment, Mentor Education founder and managing director Mark Sinclair said: "I am very excited that Jim Taggart has become our first ever chairman, particularly at a time of significant growth for Mentor.
"Jim's pedigree as a wonderful educationalist as well as a highly successful financial planner places him in an ideal position to assist us in strategically addressing the future needs of our clients."
Mr Taggart established the Taggart Group in 1987 and successfully developed its financial services advising business and later adding general insurance, growing the business to more than 5,000 clients. He is an Adjunct Professor at both Western Sydney and Notre Dame Universities and a director at the Western Sydney Academy of Sport.
Mr Taggart also won the AFA Financial Adviser of the Year Award in 2005 and is a recipient of the Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM).
Established in 2002 and headquartered in Melbourne, Mentor Education has educated mpre than 15,000 thousand financial advisers and employs a staff of 27.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Adviser exodus creating ‘enormous opportunity’ for accountantsBy Jotham Lian
- 14 Dec 2018Advisers embracing ESG investing, says surveyBy Adrian Flores
- 13 Dec 2018AFA picks apart CPD policy from FASEABy Adrian Flores
- view all