One of Australia's largest privately owned financial services training companies has appointed a former AFA national president as its inaugural chairman.
Industry stalwart and long-time financial adviser Jim Taggart will take up the position at Mentor Education.
"With the new wave of financial services legislation aimed at raising the professional standards of financial advisers, I am delighted to be part of Mentor's experienced team in providing the next generation of quality courses and degrees," Mr Taggart said.
Commenting on the appointment, Mentor Education founder and managing director Mark Sinclair said: "I am very excited that Jim Taggart has become our first ever chairman, particularly at a time of significant growth for Mentor.
"Jim's pedigree as a wonderful educationalist as well as a highly successful financial planner places him in an ideal position to assist us in strategically addressing the future needs of our clients."
Mr Taggart established the Taggart Group in 1987 and successfully developed its financial services advising business and later adding general insurance, growing the business to more than 5,000 clients. He is an Adjunct Professor at both Western Sydney and Notre Dame Universities and a director at the Western Sydney Academy of Sport.
Mr Taggart also won the AFA Financial Adviser of the Year Award in 2005 and is a recipient of the Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM).
Established in 2002 and headquartered in Melbourne, Mentor Education has educated mpre than 15,000 thousand financial advisers and employs a staff of 27.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Oct 2017IFAs drive exchange-traded bond demandBy Jessica Yun
- 23 Oct 2017Fiducian prepares for leadership transitionBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Oct 2017Industry association for insurance tech launchesBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Oct 2017Instos ‘struggling’ with IFA ascendancyBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Oct 2017CBA bosses accused of incompetenceBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- view all