Non-aligned advice firm Shaw and Partners has appointed a former CBA executive as its new head of corporate finance, who joins as the company continues to develop.
In a statement, the firm said Geoff Carrick joins from CBA's institutional equities business, where he was the head of equity capital markets. He has also held roles at RBS Australia and Macquarie Capital.
Shaw and Partners' chairman Paul Masi said: "Geoff joins Shaw and Partners at an exciting time in the company's development."
He added: "Geoff brings a skill set and corporate network that will complement the significant growth the company has achieved in its wealth management and institutional businesses during the past 12 months and we look forward to the continued success of our corporate finance business under Geoff's stewardship."
Commenting on his new role, Mr Carrick said: "I am excited by this opportunity and I look forward to working with the Shaw and Partners team to build upon its recent successes and strong capabilities."
The latest appointment follows a string of hires by Shaw over the last year.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Feb 2019KeyInvest reduces administration feeBy Reporter
- 22 Feb 2019ASIC praises new whistleblower lawsBy James Mitchell
- 22 Feb 2019AFA scorns Labor plan to end grandfatheringBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Feb 2019Paragem appoints new general managerBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Feb 2019CountPlus announces $2.6m profit, makes key acquisitionBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Feb 2019NAB CEO given $1m payoutBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all