Non-aligned advice firm Shaw and Partners has appointed a former CBA executive as its new head of corporate finance, who joins as the company continues to develop.
In a statement, the firm said Geoff Carrick joins from CBA's institutional equities business, where he was the head of equity capital markets. He has also held roles at RBS Australia and Macquarie Capital.
Shaw and Partners' chairman Paul Masi said: "Geoff joins Shaw and Partners at an exciting time in the company's development."
He added: "Geoff brings a skill set and corporate network that will complement the significant growth the company has achieved in its wealth management and institutional businesses during the past 12 months and we look forward to the continued success of our corporate finance business under Geoff's stewardship."
Commenting on his new role, Mr Carrick said: "I am excited by this opportunity and I look forward to working with the Shaw and Partners team to build upon its recent successes and strong capabilities."
The latest appointment follows a string of hires by Shaw over the last year.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 May 2018Suncorp Advice enters deal with MidwinterBy Reporter
- 24 May 2018ANZ dealer group boss jumps ship to Aus UnityBy Reporter
- 24 May 2018Elder abuse may stem from additional SMSF membersBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 May 2018Trail commissions ban would create ‘bigger conflict’, says licenseeBy Killian Plastow
- 23 May 2018‘Shut it down’: CPA members rail against troubled advice armBy Aleks Vickovich and Jotham Lian
- 23 May 2018Labor heavyweight concedes industry fund hypocrisyBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- view all