Non-aligned advice firm Shaw and Partners has appointed a former CBA executive as its new head of corporate finance, who joins as the company continues to develop.
In a statement, the firm said Geoff Carrick joins from CBA's institutional equities business, where he was the head of equity capital markets. He has also held roles at RBS Australia and Macquarie Capital.
Shaw and Partners' chairman Paul Masi said: "Geoff joins Shaw and Partners at an exciting time in the company's development."
He added: "Geoff brings a skill set and corporate network that will complement the significant growth the company has achieved in its wealth management and institutional businesses during the past 12 months and we look forward to the continued success of our corporate finance business under Geoff's stewardship."
Commenting on his new role, Mr Carrick said: "I am excited by this opportunity and I look forward to working with the Shaw and Partners team to build upon its recent successes and strong capabilities."
The latest appointment follows a string of hires by Shaw over the last year.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2017Labor slams mooted ASIC appointmentBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Sep 2017‘Modest start’ for Australian super fundsBy Jessica Yun
- 20 Sep 2017Education stress understandable, says AFABy Killian Plastow
- 20 Sep 2017Resisting change will ‘destroy’ business valueBy Staff Reporter
- 19 Sep 2017AMP unveils LIF preparation hubBy Staff Reporter
- 19 Sep 2017AFA lobbies for transparency in ASIC reviewBy Staff Reporter
- view all