Non-aligned advice firm Shaw and Partners has appointed a former CBA executive as its new head of corporate finance, who joins as the company continues to develop.
In a statement, the firm said Geoff Carrick joins from CBA's institutional equities business, where he was the head of equity capital markets. He has also held roles at RBS Australia and Macquarie Capital.
Shaw and Partners' chairman Paul Masi said: "Geoff joins Shaw and Partners at an exciting time in the company's development."
He added: "Geoff brings a skill set and corporate network that will complement the significant growth the company has achieved in its wealth management and institutional businesses during the past 12 months and we look forward to the continued success of our corporate finance business under Geoff's stewardship."
Commenting on his new role, Mr Carrick said: "I am excited by this opportunity and I look forward to working with the Shaw and Partners team to build upon its recent successes and strong capabilities."
The latest appointment follows a string of hires by Shaw over the last year.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Adviser exodus creating ‘enormous opportunity’ for accountantsBy Jotham Lian
- 14 Dec 2018Advisers embracing ESG investing, says surveyBy Adrian Flores
- 13 Dec 2018AFA picks apart CPD policy from FASEABy Adrian Flores
- view all