Mercer has expanded its financial advice business in Western Sydney, with a new office opening today in Parramatta.
In a statement, the company said it has established a team in Parramatta in an effort to better service customers in that area as well as gain new business. Mercer will maintain its financial advice operations in Sydney's CBD.
Parramatta is considered "the fastest-growing region" in NSW and is expected to be home to 70 per cent of Sydney's population by 2050, the statement said.
Mercer's financial advice leader (pacific) Michelle Smith said: "We are committed to improving the prosperity of Australians and the expansion to Parramatta places us at the geographical heart of Sydney and a major business, government and commercial hub."
She added: "For our clients, this means access to on-the-ground financial advisers, tapped into a global network of researchers and investment experts currently advising on $190 trillion of assets worldwide."
The company also announced that its financial advice team is growing, consisting now of 60 advisers operating out of seven offices around Australia.
"Mercer was the first salaried advice business in Australia to have every office [60 financial advisers] accredited as 'Professional Practices' of the Financial Planning Association," Ms Smith said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 26 May 2017IOOF breakaway group sets up AFSLBy Aleks Vickovich
- 26 May 2017Midwinter launches new calculator for advisersBy Staff Reporter
- 26 May 2017IOOF announces new online trading functionalityBy Staff Reporter
- 26 May 2017Australia beats global average for financial literacyBy Staff Reporter
- 25 May 2017AMP looks to salaried channel for revenueBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- 25 May 2017ASIC commissioner reappointedBy Staff Reporter
- view all