ANZ has announced it will restructure its wealth management business, with the changes to include the departure of group executive of wealth, Joyce Phillips, and the transition of ANZ Financial Planning.
In a statement, the bank said it will "simplify" its approach to wealth management and align the wealth products and services with its retail and commercial business.
As part of the restructure, Joyce Phillips will depart ANZ to "pursue her successful financial services career". Other changes effective from 12 March include the transition of ANZ Financial Planning into the retail distribution division.
These changes come as ANZ focuses on growing its insurance, superannuation and investments product business, which will be known as Australia Wealth and will be headed by Alexis George, currently managing director of insurance.
ANZ chief executive Shayne Elliott said: "Over the past decade, ANZ has made significant investments in its insurance, superannuation and investments business to consolidate its position as a leading player in Australia and New Zealand with strong market shares in key segments.
"These changes generate more value for our 8 million customers by making it simpler and more convenient to access wealth solutions through closer coordination and alignment of our wealth and retail products. The changes help us unlock more potential from wealth and reduce complexity, duplication and cost across our business," he said.
"The simplified approach also provides the opportunity to focus on improving returns and capital efficiency from our insurance, superannuation and investments product business given higher regulatory capital requirements."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Aug 2018Grandfathering is not in consumers' interests: KellBy Tim Stewart
- 17 Aug 2018Advisers can ‘professionalise’ clients’ philanthropyBy Lucy Dean and Killian Plastow
- 17 Aug 2018Standalone robo-advisers ‘will not attract’ HNW investorsBy Reporter
- 17 Aug 2018Assess super on value not fees, Rice Warner urgesBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Aug 2018ANZ taken to task over ‘misleading’ general adviceBy Reporter
- 16 Aug 2018Faith in adviser ethics fallsBy Reporter
- view all