The FPA's new CEO, Dante De Gori, has taken up his new role, promising to encourage more member feedback as well as provide support in "so much uncertainty".
Mr De Gori was formerly the general manager of policy and conduct. The FPA said he has been "integral" in representing the industry during key reforms, including FOFA, the LIF and the new adviser education standards.
"I am honoured to be appointed as FPA CEO. As we transition into a respected profession, I'll continue to work with our members, government and other key stakeholders towards a better financial future for all Australians," Mr De Gori said.
He added that the focus of the FPA remains the same, which is to build consumer trust in the financial planning industry. However, he said he is also aware of member concerns regarding proposed regulatory changes and will continue to work with government.
"With so much uncertainty, one of my key priorities is to ensure FPA members are supported through the changes. We will continue to do this through timely updates, practical resources, events such as the FPA National Roadshow, webinars and social media," Mr De Gori said.
"I will be encouraging more feedback from members, with a view to using this feedback to get better and better at what we do."
Mark Rantall, who had been CEO since 2010, will remain on the FPA board as a non-executive director.
"I want to thank Mark Rantall for his dedication and leadership," Mr De Gori said. "Mark has been instrumental in driving the positive changes taking place in our profession. I look forward to building on his legacy."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Jul 2018Adviser incentives still valuable: ElixirBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Jul 2018ETF industry hits record high in 2018By Reporter
- 16 Jul 2018Investors place support behind FinPalBy Charbel Kadib
- 13 Jul 2018FASEA exam may disadvantage clients: ConsultantBy Miranda Brownlee
- 13 Jul 2018Industry associations respond to FASEA updateBy Killian Plastow
- 13 Jul 2018Profile Financial Services acquires regional practiceBy Reporter
- view all