The FPA's new CEO, Dante De Gori, has taken up his new role, promising to encourage more member feedback as well as provide support in "so much uncertainty".
Mr De Gori was formerly the general manager of policy and conduct. The FPA said he has been "integral" in representing the industry during key reforms, including FOFA, the LIF and the new adviser education standards.
"I am honoured to be appointed as FPA CEO. As we transition into a respected profession, I'll continue to work with our members, government and other key stakeholders towards a better financial future for all Australians," Mr De Gori said.
He added that the focus of the FPA remains the same, which is to build consumer trust in the financial planning industry. However, he said he is also aware of member concerns regarding proposed regulatory changes and will continue to work with government.
"With so much uncertainty, one of my key priorities is to ensure FPA members are supported through the changes. We will continue to do this through timely updates, practical resources, events such as the FPA National Roadshow, webinars and social media," Mr De Gori said.
"I will be encouraging more feedback from members, with a view to using this feedback to get better and better at what we do."
Mark Rantall, who had been CEO since 2010, will remain on the FPA board as a non-executive director.
"I want to thank Mark Rantall for his dedication and leadership," Mr De Gori said. "Mark has been instrumental in driving the positive changes taking place in our profession. I look forward to building on his legacy."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Aug 2017Former ANZ adviser banned for lifeBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Aug 2017Industry veteran joins Bondi boutique’s boardBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Aug 2017Invest in next generation, says AWSBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017O’Dwyer announces EDR transition panelBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Aug 2017ASIC reveals recent enforcement activityBy Larissa Waterson
- 22 Aug 2017Advisers must become ‘lifestyle coaches’: ZurichBy Jessica Yun
- view all